SASS Wire Forum

Big Jim - has Flo been replaced?

Alpo

I just saw a pretty neat Progressive commercial. It was a cartoon. The voiceover says, "did you ever hear about the time Big Jim took on a tornado?"

And there's this giant, dressed in white, standing in the road. There are two story houses on both sides of the road, and the roofs come out about even with his waist. a tornado is coming down the road, and he grabs it and tears it in two and throws the pieces away.

Then he bends down towards the front of one of the houses. There's a couple standing on the front stoop, and the man says, "gee thanks Big Jim".

Big Jim holds his hand out, palm up, and catches a cow that is falling out of the sky.

He sets the cow down next to the couple, says, "got you covered", and walks off down the street.

The man looks after Big Jim, looks at the cow, looks after Jim  again and says, "uhhh - uh, what am I supposed to do with this?"

I guess it weren't his cow.

They’re just mixing it up. They always have two or three different commercials going at the same time.

so .........just how much do they pay for these commercials and why not lower their consumers rates a bit rather than spend so much ? just askin ..... yjey are not all that entertaining and im not buying , 

9 minutes ago, watab kid said:

so .........just how much do they pay for these commercials and why not lower their consumers rates a bit rather than spend so much ? just askin ..... yjey are not all that entertaining and im not buying , 

Who knows what their advertising budget is? It Must be huge. But no advertising is a death sentence for businesses. 50% of new businesses fail. I’ve had friends who started a small business thinking it was a great idea. Sometimes it was. But they operated on a shoestring with no advertising budget, figuring word of mouth would do it. It didn’t.

Looks like Progressive has got all you to pay attention!:lol: 

Guess those commercials are working huh??

Archived