SASS Wire Forum

Uberti/Cimmarron 1873 Front Sight

Wyoma

Anybody know the exact specs on the stock front sight - Ht/width.  The plain black post is not the best.  I would like to replace it with a bead.  Who sells the best one? Otherwise it's sweet. 

Uberti toggle guns use a 0.410" high front sight, and have a (standard) 3/8" dovetail base.  Beads range from tiny to humongous.   Brownells has a selection of the smaller bead sizes.  Marbles, Lyman, etc.

The Smith Shop has a nice selection of larger size bead sights.  Longhunter Supply did too last time I looked.    Slick Sure Hits are very good, but I like a medium bead to ensure I can still see a real sight picture at 100 yards for long range side matches.   A giant bead covers most steel targets at those distances.  I like the 3/32" bead myself.

Good luck, GJ

3 hours ago, Buck Garrett said:

They are great but they only work if your front sight is a marbles or similar style front sight.  If his rifle is like mine with a simple front blade the Sure Hit sight will not fit. 

Long hunter sells a complete front sight with a larger bead that fits a 3/8" dove tail.  Just put one on my 66.

Slix-bead Front Sights

Pioneer Speed Sights

24 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They are great but they only work if your front sight is a marbles or similar style front sight.  If his rifle is like mine with a simple front blade the Sure Hit sight will not fit. 

Slick has one that is for the simple post style front site as well, it’s been on my 66 for going on 4+ years. It taps into a groove. I put a spot of JB Weld on mine when I installed it. :)
I aslso installed one on a Rossi 92 clone post front sight that worked perfectly! The current owner still is shooting it.

image.jpeg.db1fc1a9d3f95813e32475560c4417f0.jpeg
search for ...... sight-large carbine. 

Archived