SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy swap meet during off season?

Dirty Dutch Brody

So being new to this awesome sport (1st season) and completely hooked and now that winter is coming, I was trying to think of a way to keep getting people together during the winter. So I was thinking what if we did a cowboy swap meet at our local club on the same Saturday's and times we would normally shoot during the season. It would give people a chance to still get out and hang with friends maybe sell some stuff no longer needed or want but most importantly give people an excuse to still see each other and hang out during the winter. Still dress up and maybe have cowboy themed lunches for sale or something fun. Just wondering if I should bring this idea to our club president?

sounds a good idea to me , please let us know if it gets a good response , these things often look great going in and really never get the response you want even though a great idea and opportunity for those in need or wanting something new , i would attend and yes probably buy or even sell if that was offered here 

That reminds me of the old days before tactical weapons became so popular.  You went to any gunshow and you'd see a bunch of hunting guns, some traditional muzzleloading Kentucky and mountain rifles, and plenty of cowboy guns.  Powder horns, leather, etc too.  Now it has to be a themed Civil War, antique, or Black Powder show to see any of that.

I'd drive a couple hours for a small show and several more hours for a big show, if they had s decent  guaranteed number of tables booked.

We don't shut down for winter down here, but it does sound like a good idea.  One club that no longer exists here used to have the occasional CAS swapmeet before/after a regular monthly match.  I wouldn't mind seeing that again.  Of course, folks regularly bring stuff to sell at matches, but if it was "planned" there would be lots more.

Our club does have a winter indoor shoot (no shotgun and it is a hit or miss on paper targets in an allotted time) /pot luck/swap meet. Once an off season is good. More, and no one would show up. Especially since some shooters have long drives to attend.

7 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

That reminds me of the old days before tactical weapons became so popular.  You went to any gunshow and you'd see a bunch of hunting guns, some traditional muzzleloading Kentucky and mountain rifles, and plenty of cowboy guns.  Powder horns, leather, etc too.  Now it has to be a themed Civil War, antique, or Black Powder show to see any of that.

I'd drive a couple hours for a small show and several more hours for a big show, if they had s decent  guaranteed number of tables booked.

You mean "Tactical Firearms"...and like the song Video Killed The Radio Star, Online Killed The Gun Show.

Phantom

Archived