SASS Wire Forum

Please delete

Highball

Each is a Taylors and Company model 1873. 
Each has a 4.75" barrel and is chambered in .357 magnum. Only 25 rounds have been fired through each one. 

I purchased them new and immediately sent them out to have custom grips made. The grips are one piece buffalo horn (on the case hardened revolver) and giraffe bone (on the nickel revolver). They were both hand made and custom fitted to their respective grip frames. Hillbilly Grips in Kentucky made them. 

I intended to use these as a sort of night and day, black and white theme but found a pair of smoke wagon’s for a good price that I have decided to run instead.  

These are truly eye catching firearms that are basically brand new for all intents and purposes. The original wood grips are also included with each pistol. 

The revolvers were purchased in May for $1100 and the grips cost $475 plus a three month wait to be made.

Asking $725 for the nickel/giraffe revolver and $625 for the case hardened/buffalo revolver

0384BAF8-A1E1-4650-BB07-C5880CBD99AD.jpeg

37DCDC10-866D-4EB5-B4F6-D2AA7C230404.jpeg

9E0A7472-804A-4753-8D66-04898B9B55BB.jpeg

F9D21071-4BBB-4D02-B999-20A4503A63DA.jpeg

81E1F50A-3C6E-48FA-9746-38E0659C1468.jpeg

A059E6C4-448A-4D92-9BCD-6FBC3FA9FBB5.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Are these the newer 3 click spring loaded firing pins or the old style 4 click w fixed firing pin?

They are the three click models. I could be wrong but I don’t believe Uberti makes the four click models any longer, only Pieta. 

There are still 4-click Ubertis available, but only certain  BP frame models at this time.

Those are some beautiful pistolas.  While I am partial to the nickle one, I have to say that Uberti's case colors have come a long way in recent years.

6 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

There are still 4-click Ubertis available, but only certain  BP frame models at this time.

Those are some beautiful pistolas.  While I am partial to the nickle one, I have to say that Uberti's case colors have come a long way in recent years.

Thank you for clearing that up! So it’s all of the models with a spring loaded base pin instead of a screw which are three click now it sounds?

4 hours ago, Highball said:

Thank you for clearing that up! So it’s all of the models with a spring loaded base pin instead of a screw which are three click now it sounds?

Yes.  The BP-frame ("Old Model") guns from Cimarron are still 4-click.  I don't know if the BP frame guns from the other importers are still 4-click.  All the Pre-War models with spring loaded transverse latch are 3 click.

Archived