SASS Wire Forum

Loose front sight

Hillbilly Jim

I used Locktite Black Max to hold the front on my friends Ruger that fell off.   Still holding   3 yrs        GW

The older method involves driving the sight out, then using a punch to dimple the base. Then driving it back in.

43 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

The older method involves driving the sight out, then using a punch to dimple the base. Then driving it back in.

That ^  fixes loose dovetailed sights.  A Great Western revolver (Pietta made SAA clone) has a blade soldered into rectangular slot along top of barrel. 

I'd bet EMF will fix it under warranty! 

Good luck, GJ

2 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

That ^  fixes loose dovetailed sights.  A Great Western revolver (Pietta made SAA clone) has a blade soldered into rectangular slot along top of barrel. 

I'd bet EMF will fix it under warranty! 

Good luck, GJ

I misunderstood, thanks. Ya learn something new everyday!

Thanks for the replies, I went with cleaning the slot and using Locktite red .  Factory warranty would have been slow and I wanted to fire this weapon.  Front sight stayed in place after 10 full power black powder loads which make 45 colt factory seem like wimps.

The wind at the match today here in Billings was so bad it blew the front sight off my revolver!!

Bugler

Actually, my front sight blew off the gun on stage 2........it's on the range somewhere. Ended up shooting the remaining stages with NO front sight and did better than I thought.......missed three pistol targets before noticing sight missing, the rest of the match was clean....maybe I don't even need that piece of metal after all!!!

Archived