SASS Wire Forum

WTH? Is the Governor of California a king now?

Raylan

So by "executive order" the Governor (king) of California has banned all gas vehicles by 2035. I'm sure this will work out just as well as their green electric energy policy that has resulted in extended blackouts and power outages. Gosh, can't wait for Democrats to impose ever more of their quality of life destroying anti-freedom dictats on the rest of America.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-23/gavin-newsom-fracking-ban-california-zero-emissions-cars

Their ridiculous green policies are also why they’re fighting raging wildfires and droughts and mudslides!!

“This is the most impactful step our state can take to fight climate change,” Newsom said in a statement released Wednesday morning. “Our cars shouldn’t make wildfires worse — and create more days filled with smoky air. Cars shouldn’t melt glaciers or raise sea levels threatening our cherished beaches and coastlines.”

So gas-powered cars create wildfires, huh? How about electric cars, the way they require electricity which is obtained by damming up more rivers, diverting more precious water and leaving less to fight fires with?

It's funny how the left acts as if Trump is a dictator, when people like Newsom, Cuomo, and Canada's Trudeau seem to be able to make up new laws as they see fit as well.

31 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

So you ask why did I move from California when I retired?

That question was never asked of anyone moving out of CA. At least not since 1975......:lol:

They’re already having rolling blackouts where are they going to get the extra power for all these new electric cars?

1 hour ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

That question was never asked of anyone moving out of CA. At least not since 1975......:lol:

You are wrong there! As a 4th generation Californio whose relatives came to Stockton during the gold rush, I had tons of people ask me why!!!!

46 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They’re already having rolling blackouts where are they going to get the extra power for all these new electric cars?

This is NOT YOUR WEEK TO DRIVE, Rye. 

I remember in 1973, during the oil embargo, gas every other day, depending on your license plate number. 

And IIRC, five (5) gallons at a time. 

I guess with electric cars, you get so many watts?

10 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Maybe they are going to use all the BS coming out of their elected representatives as feed stock for the natural gas power plants that would otherwise be shut down because they are no longer allowing the importation of fossil fuels. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Sad to say... the diseases that crawl out of CA and NY eventually make their way into the other states.

ID now has red flag laws in their senate.
MO is trying those two on gun charges for defending their homes.
AZ is trying to ban semis of most types.
IL has driven most of their FFLs out of business.
TX almost elected Beto the Fake Mexican.
NV is preparing to enact more strict gun control
GA nearly elected Stacey "The Show" Abrams
FL nearly elected Ron "Swings Both Ways" Gillum.
VA is raping gun rights as fast as Northam can swing it.

If the GOP and gun owners do not turn out 100% for this election, we have only ourselves to blame.
We need 4 more years of Trump... another originalist on the SCOTUS when Thomas retires, etc.
SCOTUS will be the last stand for America as we knew it.

Just now, bgavin said:

Why were they charged in the first place?
Next time, there may not be a 2A friendly AG

Yup, you are 100% right.

Man's a joke.  And many of us refer to him as "Emperor Newsom."  Personally, I think he's the reincarnation of Emperor Norton.  

I wish I had Photoshop...  I'd love to put his face on Emperor Norton's body.

How Emperor Norton rose to power - SFChronicle.com

I almost choked a few weeks ago when he referred to California as "a Nation State."

Can ya just picture all those battery powered fire trucks trundling up to the woods to put out the fires caused by "climate change?"  :wacko:

Here's a real eye-opener:  Link

Just wait till all those giant batteries start going bad after about 8 years.  The cars won't be worth paying $7,000 for new batteries so will be junked.  That's going to be a huge disposal problem for all those lithium batteries build into the car.  

And what about all those traffic accidents involving lithium powered vehicles.

What happens if you cut open a lithium battery?
The electrolyte will boil and possibly catch fire, which will then cause a runaway condition, until all the electrolyte is consumed. Do not open a LiPo battery as the reaction is very fast, will catch fire, and may result in an explosion.

So I was talking to Sassparilla Kid a while ago and asked if he'd heard about Newsom's executive order.

"The one banning propane?"

"Huh?  What propane ban??"

Ten minutes later I received an email from my propane company:   :(

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
URGENT CUSTOMER ALERT

Governor Gavin Newsom is considering taking away YOUR right to use propane in YOUR home
BY EXECUTIVE ORDER!

[**Body of message omitted from copy**]

Please call the Governor’s office immediately to protect your access to propane for clean, affordable energy security.

Please call the Governor today
at 916-445-2841

Or

Click Here to Email the Governor

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Newsom’s a moron.

Pretty much sums it up.

And there are plenty more just like him hell bent on proving their incompetence will kill the US.

This sort of reminds me of the push to Get everyone to abandon analog TVs for HDTVs around 2005.  

16 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So I was talking to Sassparilla Kid a while ago and asked if he'd heard about Newsom's executive order.

"The one banning propane?"

"Huh?  What propane ban??"

Ten minutes later I received an email from my propane company:   :(

I guess there will be no more fried turkeys for Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Man's a joke.  And many of us refer to him as "Emperor Newsom."  Personally, I think he's the reincarnation of Emperor Norton.  

You beat me to it, I was just thinking that The Gav makes Emperor Norton look sane.

3 hours ago, bgavin said:

Why were they charged in the first place?
Next time, there may not be a 2A friendly AG

Because our Governor said if they were convicted, he would give them full pardons. 

Our Governor is very pro gun and the main reason we are Constitutional carry state.

OLG

I believe “executive orders” apply only to those in his direct chain of command;  state employees in the executive branch.  Am I correct on that?  Legislators make laws, not the governor (or President for that matter).  Please educate me if I am wrong but that point was made pretty forcefully in my 10th grade Civics class.  If I am correct, most of California should be responding with a 3rd digit salute.

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I believe “executive orders” apply only to those in his direct chain of command;  state employees in the executive branch.  Am I correct on that?  Legislators make laws, not the governor (or President for that matter).  Please educate me if I am wrong but that point was made pretty forcefully in my 10th grade Civics class.  If I am correct, most of California should be responding with a 3rd digit salute.

Nope.  State wide.

36 minutes ago, watab kid said:

CA gets what CA votes for - thus asking for , one day we might get back to being americans and 'carry on' as our predecessors did 

Not really, PRK is controlled buy SAN, LAX & SFO. Those 3 cities also have ridiculously high percentage of voter fraud. 

OLG 

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Not really, PRK is controlled buy SAN, LAX & SFO. Those 3 cities also have ridiculously high percentage of voter fraud. 

OLG 

And people wonder why we have the Electoral College and two Senators from each state.

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Nope.  State wide.

An executive making a law by himself and using police power to enforce it on the entire population is the definition of tyranny.  I don’t think it would survive a challenge in court.  Even in California.  

13 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I almost choked a few weeks ago when he referred to California as "a Nation State."

Can ya just picture all those battery powered fire trucks trundling up to the woods to put out the fires caused by "climate change?"  :wacko:

Here's a real eye-opener:  Link

It is- a 3rd World nation-state.

Yeah, yeah, yeah- it's the 5th largest economy in the world, full of resources, feeds billions, etc....  That just means that there's no excuse for it.

That's why the failures and it's potential 3rd world banana republic status is so marked.

Environmental catastrophes caused by appeasing groups politically affiliated with the current regime, laws and policies based on doctrine, failures in basic services (like power), failures in infrastructure caused by neglect (that power line caused fire last year), filth in the streets (Edinburgh was cleaner in the 1000's than San Francisco in the 2000's), no-go zones ruled by criminal factions, graft, corruption, cronyism at all levels of government,.... the list goes on. 

Any of that sound familiar?

And that's what these Leftist windowlickers want to spread EVERYWHERE.

45 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

An executive making a law by himself and using police power to enforce it on the entire population is the definition of tyranny.  I don’t think it would survive a challenge in court.  Even in California.  

First you have to get a court to agree that you have standing.

13 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Courtesy of my wife.  I sent her your photo and one of Newsom I looking in about the same direction. Good enough?  Or too subtle?  

She said the real trick was matching the graininess and grayscale of the Emperor Norton photo.

Emperor Nortonsom1.png

Archived