SASS Wire Forum

It is Here.

look at it this way: Winter gets here on the 22nd of December, that only leaves 9 days of 2020!

41 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

And then you get SPRING's promise of better things. :)

BMC, always the optimist!! ;)

Alays peaceful here.

The big Cottonwood is our sentinel tree. It's always the first to change. Nice cool northern breeze today makin Old Glory stand out against the Fall sky. I went over to Durango yesterday and the Aspens are staring to turn color at around 8,000 ft. The smoke cleared quite a bit too. Stll hazy on the horizon to the west though.

Cottonwood9-23-20.jpg

FallFlag.jpg

Great photos Bob. Heavy rain last night has washed out the smoky air. A definite chill in the air tho. 

Over at the plantation we had some cottonwoods in the neighborhood.

They turn early and have big yellow leaves.

Yes!  It’s even noticeably cooler in Houston.  Of course the tropical storm helped a little.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Autumn is great except you know what’s following!!:angry:

Heck yeah! Ski season, snowmobiling, ice fishing, hockey, snowball fights, snowforts, snowshoeing, hot toddies, and reruns of Christmas Vacation!

:D:D:D

57 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Great photos Bob. Heavy rain last night has washed out the smoky air. A definite chill in the air tho. 

Over at the plantation we had some cottonwoods in the neighborhood.

They turn early and have big yellow leaves.

Ours are narrow leaf cottonwoods. Populous angustifolia. Some guy on line tried to argue they weren’t cottonwoods cause his had broad leaves. :lol:

btw auto correct changed it to Angus Tinfoil 3 times.  :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

You think they would like some caddis flies, Slim?

We get a good hatch. I'm a worm on a hook kinda guy though. Just enough weight to run the line out. No casting, just a flip and short drift. 

1 minute ago, Michigan Slim said:

We get a good hatch. I'm a worm on a hook kinda guy though. Just enough weight to run the line out. No casting, just a flip and short drift. 

Well that can be done with a 3 wt. rod and a 9 ft. leader. 

You bet it can. My grandpa did it that way. I have used flies with spinning gear and it worked well. A small casting bubble and short leader. Never got into using a fly rod much except for bluegills a couple of times. That was a hoot and we outfished everyone. 

Oh, today was beautiful here in the Tucson area.  The wife and I sat out on the patio until a little past noon enjoying the delightful weather.  The temperature only got up to 95F here today.  Love this cool weather!

Archived