SASS Wire Forum

WTB Henry Big Boy Large Loop Lever , Problem Solved, put in a PV Marlin 94 spring kit.

Not Dead Ed

Don’t send too much hate on Henry’s.  It’s what I have for now.  
looking too see if anyone has a large loop lever they have around for a 357 Big Boy rifle that they might want to part with. 
my mitts are getting banged up by the stock loop.   It probably won’t stop them from getting banged up as much working it’s long long long stroke.

(edit and update - after a bit of searching I found a Marlin 94 spring kit drops right in, and the level latch plunger spring lightens the whole action up,  add a 0.3 x .3 x 12 spring to the trigger safety spring, you get a much improved action)  

Many Thanks, 

Not Dead Ed #110351. 

Hi Oak Creek Martin, 

I did, they are out of stock for the Big Boy, sigh...   if I had a .22 or a 30-30, or something humongous no problems.  

I went and left a notice for them to email me when they were back in stock. 
I was hoping maybe someone had one around and was a pack rat like me and wanted to get rid of it...   

I’ve though of that, but haven’t done it yet.   I might do it still since Henry is out of big loop levers.   
thanks, 

EDIT:  went and ordered a leather wrap for the lever.    Found a kit with two of them.   Thanks. 

I added the leather wrap, but while researching some feeding problems on a Rossi ‘92, I found that the Henry is mechanically similar to a marlin, and that swapping the stock hammer spring for a reduced power Palo Verde Gunworks  marlin adjustable hammer spring and lever latch plunger spring made the gun handle much better.    That and cutting one coil off the trigger safety toggle spring to equal the force on the lever latch plunger.   
all the drag and roughness on the action really came from the Lever plunger and safety spring.    It is a much happier shooter now.   It’ll never be a racer, but it’s much more pleasant.  

Archived