SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Firing Pin H&A Special Police

Rube Burrows

I am looking for a firing pin for a Hopkins & Allan Safety Police .32 top break revolver. I am including a photo of the firing pin as well as the schematic from Numrich that shows it (number 23). 

This is the small frame top break revolver. 

If you have one or know ANYWHERE to get one please let me know.

I have checked Numrich and the usual places such as ebay and gunbroker.

565980.jpg

HopkinsAndAllen_SafetyPoliceRevolver_schem.jpg

For things like that it is sometimes just necessary to find a friend who has a lathe and have them make one for you. I have made many parts for some of my topbreaks, just takes a lot of hand work. Do you have the old part?

24 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

For things like that it is sometimes just necessary to find a friend who has a lathe and have them make one for you. I have made many parts for some of my topbreaks, just takes a lot of hand work. Do you have the old part?

I am not aware of any of my friends who know how to do that. 

I do not have the original part. It fell out at some point. I know it used to be there but its long gone now for many years. Just kind of been wanting to get it back up and running. 

It has sentimental value because my grandmother used to pack this in a belt holster around her farm when I was little and I remember it well. Then in her later life she had it in her purse. 

7 minutes ago, portugeejn said:

Try here also, as they don't list it but say to call if you don't see it because not all is listed.

https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/

Thank you. I will give them a call. 

Edit: They don't have them but saved their page because they carry lots of other parts and who knows when I may need something. Thanks. 

Archived