SASS Wire Forum

Newbie saying hello

Cottonmouth Mark

Bottles!  Set Ol' Cottonmouth up with whatever he fancies <tosses a double eagle onto the bar>

Welcome,sir, to this raggity bunch of ne'er-do-wells, grifters, straight shooters, gents, and ladies!  Jump right in, torn ears and gouged eyes get handed back at the end of the night.

Great bunch here.  Pretty well learned, too.

(had to take the dog out)

CONTINUING: 

I don't think there is anyone here who I wouldn't want at my back in a fight or sharing a campfire and pot of coffee.

Thank you everyone. Rifle is already ordered. Trying to locate revolvers and shotgun. Have a message to someone about revolvers. Already set a request to Scarlett for ammo (I am not currently set up for reloading. Will be in the future.)

We're neighbors, as the crow flies.  Most of the clubs I'm familiar with will welcome you warmly and invite you to visit their matches.  Some will even be more that happy to loan you gear so you can try before you sink your hard earned gold into your hardware.  A number of clubs have swap meets where you can buy items at a good price also.

Welcome to the gang.

11 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

We're neighbors, as the crow flies.  Most of the clubs I'm familiar with will welcome you warmly and invite you to visit their matches.  Some will even be more that happy to loan you gear so you can try before you sink your hard earned gold into your hardware.  A number of clubs have swap meets where you can buy items at a good price also.

Welcome to the gang.

Many thanks. Already attended and observed a match a couple weeks ago. Many offered to let me shoot. Having shot competitively before, I declined as I want them to be able to focus on their match.

Today was a practice day that I attended and borrowed a rifle and pistols.  While not great, I am not as rusty as I thought I would be LOL. Only dropped 1 shot. (I let the front sight of the Vaquero I was shooting get a little proud on the last target as I was rushing).

Not going to win anything, but I won't embarrass myself LOL.

I need to check out your club as Brevard is quite close by. My maternal grandparents lived in Brevard and my mother grew up there.

May I just say, within even these 1st few hours since I joined, the hospitality and generousity all of have shown equals that that I had at the match and today at practice.

I am looking to shoot competively again, but will be moving in 3-6 months. The area I am moving to showed a fair amount of SASS within a couple hours drive. I think my wife may be missing me on Saturdays LOL.  Totally enjoying the journey so far.

Thank you

PS: You will come to know I am dyslexic and can't spell, so offer me some grace LOL.

3 minutes ago, Cottonmouth Mark said:

May I just say, within even these 1st few hours since I joined, the hospitality and generousity all of have shown equals that that I had at the match and today at practice.

I am looking to shoot competively again, but will be moving in 3-6 months. The area I am moving to showed a fair amount of SASS within a couple hours drive. I think my wife may be missing me on Saturdays LOL.  Totally enjoying the journey so far.

Thank you

PS: You will come to know I am dyslexic and can't spell, so offer me some grace LOL.

We are a nation of bad spelers and I am their leader.

Don't worry, we figure it out or else get it so convoluted nobody will recognize it anyway. 

There are plenty of us here who can't spell and have no excuse! Fuggedaboutit!

Welcome Cotton.  After a brief look around, you will realize that spellin' ain't a requirement for posting on the SASS Wire.   Always good to meet the new neighbors to the south.  We'll be heading down your way to shoot the Ides of March in November.    

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

For the few that can spell Auto-Correct Auto-Comunista makes their spelling just as bad as everyone else's. :P

Just ask @Alpo and @Pat Riot, SASS #13748:ph34r:

HA!

Welcome Cottonmouth Mark. :)

There’s a boatload of ne’er-do-wells in here. All wonderful folks :D ...well, except for that one guy, but you’ll figure out who he is soon enough. Steer clear of him. ;)

Howdy Mark. Welcome to the fun. Lot’s of great clubs and matches in La Florida. I left there in ‘06. I have a rule never to stay in one place longer than 50 years. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Welcome Cottonmouth Mark. :)

There’s a boatload of ne’er-do-wells in here. All wonderful folks :D ...well, except for that one guy, but you’ll figure out who he is soon enough. Steer clear of him. ;)

Hey!  No need for you t....

Oh...

You didn't mention any names...

(safe for now)

Welcome to the Saloon! As was previously mentioned, nobody here I wouldn't trust to have my back in a fight, or to share a campfire and coffee with. Now, trusting my bar tab to is a different story...

6 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Welcome, Cottonmouth Mark!  What area are you moving to in 3-6 months?  I'm sure we can hook you up with a good crew before you even arrive.

I will be moving to KY, south of Lexington.

4 hours ago, Cottonmouth Mark said:

I will be moving to KY, south of Lexington.

That is about 3 hours from the Oak Ridge Outlaws. Have you found a closer (to you) club?

If so, go ahead and join the local forum. Join any club forum near where you will be, 'cuz classifieds.

3 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

That is about 3 hours from the Oak Ridge Outlaws. Have you found a closer (to you) club?

If so, go ahead and join the local forum. Join any club forum near where you will be, 'cuz classifieds.

It appeared to be about 4 clubs with a couple hours. Part of why I investigated more, watched a match, then joined.

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

My name's Mark too but I ain't had cottonmouth in thirty years! Welcome and enjoy! 

HA!, think of the snake. And yes, I have been bitten by one.

Archived