SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's and Company old 4 click hammer kit

Warden Callaway

It may be common knowledge and I'm the last to know.  But I was looking at Uberti parts on Taylor's web site and stumbled onto retrofit 4-click hammers and triggers for the Cattleman II guns. Reasonable priced too.

https://taylorsfirearms.com/catalog/product/view/id/12766/s/old-style-parts-kit-for-uberti-retractable-firing-pin-revolvers/category/464/

I was just thrilled to see that they had a rear sight for my 66 in stock!

The last I knew...they didn’t have the old style setup for the shortstroked smokewagons. I got one of each the last pair I ordered. After about a year...had trouble with the new style one. Was told not able to replace the new style with old style. Weren’t making the old style parts. Will have to see if they have old style parts now. Shooting Rugers now...probably won’t go back for more Uberti’s. Very happy with the Rugers. 

Y'all help me out. I may have asked this before, if so I apologize for being redundant. Just looking at the pictures the only difference I see is the plunger that is activated by the arm on the trigger that pushes the firing pin and holds it forward to fire. Is this the way of it? Why couldn't you simply remove the actuation arm on the trigger, drill a hole through the hammer and firing pin and put a cross pin in to fasten the FP to the hammer. Then remove the plunger assembly from the hammer. Am I not seeing something here?

Goody, I don't recall exactly how they did it but several folks have defeated the new system in more ways than one, so yeah with a little skill that can be done.

There is a rounded part on the trigger that when pulled actuates the rod going up behind the firing pin to hold it out. I think on mine the curved piece on the trigger bent down a bit and wouldn't hold the firing pin out far enough. The rod that goes up through the hammer looks kind of like a long 73 firing pin. On the thicker part there is almost like a mortice cut and a pin holds it and a return spring in place. The firing pin also has a mortice cut with the retaining pin . I took the actuator rod out and cut a piece of drill bit to put behind the firing pin to make it like a solid pin. Got it trimmed to where the firing pin protrudes about the same as on my other revolvers. Haven't had any trouble since.

Archived