SASS Wire Forum

Attn. All gunfighters

evil dogooder

I have always been a wart hog, Holy Black Gunfighter. In the dim past, I was usually the only Gunfighter at maches. IT would be fun to get together with other Gunfighters.

I usually spend the winter in Eden Prairie with my youngest son, Dirty Dog Dave, 55551 Life and his family, Tsarina,/105418 Life and Horrible Henry, 105419 .

Life. I live in Farthest North Idaho on the British Columbia border so a winter event would be great. This El Rey no longer drives multi thousand  miles to matches.

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Just for clarification ... which side of -50 do ya live on? 

I don't shoot when it gets below 0. But I've been dog sledding when it was -60 in 96.  You didn't really notice..  

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

I don't shoot when it gets below 0. But I've been dog sledding when it was -60 in 96.  You didn't really notice..  

That's kind of like ice fishing in Northern Michigan.

Once everything goes numb; you hardly even feel it anymore.

And exactly why I moved to Southern Nevada.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:54 PM, evil dogooder said:

Oh we aren't Alaska we only get nippy here.   It hasn't gotten past -50 in a long time

I remember one winter in AK when it stayed below -70 for a week.  then the wind came up from the south and it warmed up to a balmy -40.  it felt so warm outside that I ran out in shorts and t-shirt before my mom could stop me.  I knew I was being stupid so I kicked around a few minutes then came back in.  we lived a block from school and that -70 week was the one week my parents didn't make me walk to school.

To kind of give an update. 

I have had several clubs interested in hosting this.    Where would most people like to see this at? Obviously I can make it happen in mn but that's a long way for most.    What if it was in the Missouri/ Illinois area?     Somewhere warmer over winter may be a good idea. 

I have had plenty of vendors offer goods and to come vend. Bullets, leather,  gun parts,  steel targets and gun carts. 

As well as some great gfs offer to do classes.   From transitions,  bp gf, outlaw,  practice,  and setting up guns best for one handed shooting.    

Thanks for all the feed back.  I believe that this is something im going to try to make happen but it's all in the planning stages now.   

12 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

I have had several clubs interested in hosting this.    Where would most people like to see this at? Obviously I can make it happen in mn but that's a long way for most.    What if it was in the Missouri/ Illinois area?     Somewhere warmer over winter may be a good idea. 

I have had plenty of vendors offer goods and to come vend. Bullets, leather,  gun parts,  steel targets and gun carts. 

As well as some great gfs offer to do classes.   From transitions,  bp gf, outlaw,  practice,  and setting up guns best for one handed shooting.    

Thanks for all the feed back.  I believe that this is something im going to try to make happen but it's all in the planning stages now.   

Missouri, Oklahoma.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

I have always been a wart hog, Holy Black Gunfighter. In the dim past, I was usually the only Gunfighter at maches. IT would be fun to get together with other Gunfighters.

I usually spend the winter in Eden Prairie with my youngest son, Dirty Dog Dave, 55551 Life and his family, Tsarina,/105418 Life and Horrible Henry, 105419 .

Life. I live in Farthest North Idaho on the British Columbia border so a winter event would be great. This El Rey no longer drives multi thousand  miles to matches.

Mud Marine,  If you drive as far as Casper WY, I'll take you the rest of the way.

I know it would be about of work but maybe make it something regional. That way more people could attend. More vendors and sponsors from that region might be willing to get involved to help. More small craftsman would probably travel within there reagon.. Just an idea.

Casper's doable.

I'm interested in exploring all options!  :)

On 10/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, evil dogooder said:

Illinois would work better for me, but I understand trying to make it as central as possible.

Archived