SASS Wire Forum

Could you post a few more pictures?

Top, bottom, and both side views.

Thanks, Chert Rock.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Appears to be Same same as "TTN" or Cimarron 1878 before the Chinese Connection disconnected.

The picture looks a little like that, but EMF does currently list a Hartford 1878 hammer gun that is different and lists for $1150.  

:)  Abilene  :)

Absolutely true.  Howsomever,  EMF use to market the TTNesque 1878 replica as their "Hartford."  Then the Chinese guns all started going to Cimarron.  EMF and Taylors had to scramble for a replacement.  Both EMF and Taylors carried the Pedersoli 1878 Replica.  Some pricy, but the finest made Hammer Double out there.  Now, Pietta is providing an "new" 1878 replica to EMF (Pietta own EMF).  The new EMF Hartford is made by Pedersoli just toned down a bit.  The machine work and the furniture are absolutely OUTSTANDING.  Makes the TTNesque guns look like clubs (they are, actually).  I just happen to have a sample example (literally) of the "new" Hartford vis Pietta and it is absolutely SUPERB!!!

11 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

:)  Abilene  :)

Absolutely true.  Howsomever,  EMF use to market the TTNesque 1878 replica as their "Hartford."  Then the Chinese guns all started going to Cimarron.  EMF and Taylors had to scramble for a replacement.  Both EMF and Taylors carried the Pedersoli 1878 Replica.  Some pricy, but the finest made Hammer Double out there.  Now, Pietta is providing an "new" 1878 replica to EMF (Pietta own EMF).  The new EMF Hartford is made by Pedersoli just toned down a bit.  The machine work and the furniture are absolutely OUTSTANDING.  Makes the TTNesque guns look like clubs (they are, actually).  I just happen to have a sample example (literally) of the "new" Hartford vis Pietta and it is absolutely SUPERB!!!

So the one listed on their webpage for $1050 is no longer valid? How much is this new, "toned down" model selling for?

Hi Goodie

The Hartford on the EMF Web Page for $1150 is the "New" Pietta.  Actually made by Pedersoli.  If you compare the photo of the "Wyatt Earp" to the "Hartford" you'll see a striking resemblance.  Since I own both, I can compare actual innards as well.  The Wyatt Earp is now reduced to $1550.  A real bargain.

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hi Goodie

The Hartford on the EMF Web Page for $1150 is the "New" Pietta.  Actually made by Pedersoli.  If you compare the photo of the "Wyatt Earp" to the "Hartford" you'll see a striking resemblance.  Since I own both, I can compare actual innards as well.  The Wyatt Earp is now reduced to $1550.  A real bargain.

23 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Appears to be Same same as "TTN" or Cimarron 1878 before the Chinese Connection disconnected.

I have, and shoot a TTN. This gun is at least 1/2 again as heavy, and the craftsmanship is outstanding. I'll bring it to the TN State match for show 'n' sell if no-one has claimed it by then but it's a bargain at this price.

More pictures have been added.

Archived