SASS Wire Forum

My answering machine is getting a workout

Utah Bob #35998

I do too. I have a screen program and it tells me who is calling. I don't answer any calls from anyone I don't know. Hardly anyone "leaves a message".  I am probably getting at least 10 a day. Thankfully they havn't found my cell phone!

I get the Screaming Chinese Lady, speaking Mandarin on my cell phone.

I kept a recoding and played it for my neighbour, who tells me if I don't send $1000.00 in bit coin, my relative , who was taken prisoner in Hong Kong, would be killed.

(They came from England in the 1640s and Mother's European side from Ireland around 1806, so............ )

The home phone keeps getting threats that the Income tax people have a warrant out for my arrest for various amounts to keep the RCMP from arresting me.

Others tell me my Social Insurance number has been cancelled and I have to pay to get a new one

And my credit card may have been used fraudulently and  am to confirm the numbers on the cards I have. 

I do kinda miss the Nigerian Prince though. I think I may have hurt his feelings one time.

My cell phone greeting is now "Inspector Kid, Police Services. Leave a message" which seems to have cut down the number of callers I don't know or care to know.

11 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I kept a recoding and played it for my neighbour, who tells me if I don't send $1000.00 in bit coin, my relative , who was taken prisoner in Hong Kong, would be killed.

(They came from England in the 1640s and Mother's European side from Ireland around 1806, so............ )

The home phone keeps getting threats that the Income tax people have a warrant out for my arrest for various amounts to keep the RCMP from arresting me.

Others tell me my Social Insurance number has been cancelled and I have to pay to get a new one

And my credit card may have been used fraudulently and  am to confirm the numbers on the cards I have. 

I do kinda miss the Nigerian Prince though. I think I may have hurt his feelings one time.

My cell phone greeting is now "Inspector Kid, Police Services. Leave a message" which seems to have cut down the number of callers I don't know or care to know.

Dang!!!!  I don't get any of those good calls.  I  get various police group calls asking for donations,  and the ever popular expiration of car warranty. 

PM me your number and I'll use it on my answering machine etc. to refer them to you.

No-No, don't thank me!

Anything for a Pard!

58 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Don’t answer unless you know the number or the number is in your contacts. Let them all go to voice mail. Also, if they don’t leave a legit message block the number. In a couple months it will dawn on you that calls have greatly diminished. 

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

PM me your number and I'll use it on my answering machine etc. to refer them to you.

No-No, don't thank me!

Anything for a Pard!

(415) 981 - 9369  if that doesn't work, try (202) 224 - 3553

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You have an answering machine??:P

Yeah. I have a real wired phone. Because there is no cell service out here. Most people in the United States can’t conceive of that. But it happens. :P

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. I have a real wired phone. Because there is no cell service out here. Most people in the United States can’t conceive of that. But it happens. :P

I know a few people that can’t get cell service and still have wired phones. I was just busting your b#%^+:P

I still have a wired phone in the house.  My wife spends all day answering robo calls.  I refuse to answer it.  I'll just let it ring.  She will fuss at me and want to know why I walked by the ringing phone and didn't answer it.  I just tell her it wasn't for me.  If somebody wants me, they call my cell.  The wife does have a cell phone but she only turns it on if she needs to make a call.  Then turns it off again.  

9 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I still have a wired phone in the house.  My wife spends all day answering robo calls.  I refuse to answer it.  I'll just let it ring.  She will fuss at me and want to know why I walked by the ringing phone and didn't answer it.  I just tell her it wasn't for me.  If somebody wants me, they call my cell.  The wife does have a cell phone but she only turns it on if she needs to make a call.  Then turns it off again.  

.............. so, how do you call her if she's not at home; and you have an emergency that requires her immediate attention ?

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.............. so, how do you call her if she's not at home; and you have an emergency that requires her immediate attention ?

I don't.  Sometimes, she gets tired of the Robo calls and takes the house phone off the hook.  

They had chosen to light up my Dad's landline.

That's most unfortunate, since he's started watching the hang up numbers and, after a few days of seeing the same number, he answers them- speaking only in Vietnamese.

They get frustrated and take him off their list or out of the call que or however it works.

I get 0 political calls for donations although I do rarely see an unknown number and don't answer so it could be a request I've missed. 75% of the mail i have received lately are requests from politicians or National Republican Committee etc.. Since 2016 I have donated more then ever before. The uptick in requests really increased after I donated to Senatorial candidates in tight races in other states. I believe this is a critical time in our country, can afford to donate and urge others to do the same if they can. 

Howdy,

During a thunderstorm my built in phone answer machine was reset

to the factory blah message. My cool message disappeared.

Funny thing spam callers robo whatever stopped leaving most messages.

I GUESS that MY message triggered the spam message to be left on my machine??

I have way way less messages when I come in.

Almost none.

Now during the day I just let the machine answer.

If I recognize a friend answer of course.

That thunderstorm has saved me HOURS maybe days of 

messages NOT heard.

Best

CR

Archived