SASS Wire Forum

Loading Table Officer

Hoss

I'll probably volunteer at one of those positions after I actually take RO training and am trusted for one of these positions; and I am happy to help teardown after the match. But I just can't spot brass in the gravel, bad eyes. I can aim just fine, just can't see brass in the gravel.

Thanks to the rest of you for recovering mine, I do appreciate it.

At the 2 clubs I shoot at we usually have a LTO and UTO. Depending on where I am in the posse I usually handle 1 or the other until someone in the middle of the posse has shot then switch off with them so I can shoot.

I don't think i can remember that ive ever shot at a match that had a dedicated Lto..  some have the shooter in front or behind check but that's it

17 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I'll probably volunteer at one of those positions after I actually take RO training and am trusted for one of these positions; and I am happy to help teardown after the match. But I just can't spot brass in the gravel, bad eyes. I can aim just fine, just can't see brass in the gravel.

Thanks to the rest of you for recovering mine, I do appreciate it.

You are blessed to have good peeps where you shoot.  (I know some of them.)

I have had some bad experiences. Unfortunately or is it fortunately I don't look as feeble as I am. <_<:).

On 9/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

Never use an LTO, but always have an UTO.  The shooter has to have some responsibility or perhaps they don't need to be shooting. 

If you believe that you never make mistakes you are in for  a rude awakening.  The responsibility will be all yours.

Duffield

2 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

If you believe that you never make mistakes you are in for  a rude awakening.  The responsibility will be all yours.

Duffield

It is with or without a LTO...

On 9/25/2020 at 9:04 AM, KingSnake said:

Been shooting CAS in Arizona for 10 years and have never seen a LTO.

Have had a couple shooters ask me to check their revolvers at Winter Range, but that's it.

I started SASS shooting at Tucson, Casa Grande, Tombstone, Sierra Vista and some other So AZ ranges.  

That was way back in 2001.  We seldom had a LTO even then.  So if the posses allowed it, I volunteered to take the table.

They looked at me funny for doing it, but I said the handbook says so.

Depending on the number of posse members present, we will have a LTO, especially if we have new or inexperienced shooters.

Other times, those at the loading table check each other.

That's with the Square Circle Wranglers, The Ottawa Valley Marauders, Ruff's Regulators and the Grenville Gunslingers (Formerly The Wild Turkey Posse)

Archived