SASS Wire Forum

Identify a pistol pleeze?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

In the tv show Burn Notice there is a scene where Mike meets one of his handlers.

Its at the Tidy Pelican. A little black gun under the table. Said to be a .22.

Has a trigger guard that turns forward at the bottom.

Im usually pretty good but I just cant tell what that is.

All hep appreciated.

Thanks aheadotime pards.

Best

CR

for all you non Burn types. The pistol was pointed at him under a chess table.

perfect shoot and throw situation.

And no I dont need one unless I only have to pay postage.....

They dont use many revolvers on the show. A shame.

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s a Lorcin 22

If I recall correctly, Lorcin was one of the "Ring of Fire" gun makers that included Raven, Bryco-Jennings, and one or two others.  Well known for producing cheap as well as inexpensive "Saturday night specials" that were almost as dangerous to their owners as they were to those at whom they were aimed.

Yup, some of the early victims of being buried in lawsuits. Depending on who gets in, we could see that protection removed from all gunmakers and kiss our rights goodbye.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If I recall correctly, Lorcin was one of the "Ring of Fire" gun makers that included Raven, Bryco-Jennings, and one or two others.  Well known for producing cheap as well as inexpensive "Saturday night specials" that were almost as dangerous to their owners as they were to those at whom they were aimed.

Just reporting, Sir. I have no opinion on what guns are used in TV shows. Not my circus. Not my monkeys. 

You forgot Davis Firearms. :P

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just reporting, Sir. I have no opinion on what guns are used in TV shows. Not my circus. Not my monkeys. 

You forgot Davis Firearms. :P

You mean, "Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy."  :D

Yeah, that was one of them.  Phoenix was another.  There is still at least one. 

Thanks for posting the link.  I had been using my phone when I suggested he look at the IMFDB site, and it is a pain to try to go back and forth.

TV shows don’t care. They like anything that looks different.

Yep they were all owned by the same person.  As soon as they got sufficient lawsuits they just reorganized under a new name.  I sure hope Michael Weston wasn't packing that piece of die cast Zamac junk.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Nope.  Went to a site of Polish sayings.

:lol: No! I meant for me. :lol:

I speak and understand English and I know when I am being cussed out or insulted in Latin American Spanish. That’s it. ;)

And I am trying to understand the language of Auto-Correct, but daily I am flabbergasted by how it works...

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It isn't so much a language as a one time cipher.  

I know that I speak a particular form of English when that “cipher” does it’s thing sometimes. It ain’t pretty poetry English either....;)

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

Davis. Cobra (same people - name change). Jimenez.

Jimenez Arms is a company out of Las Vegas. Supposedly Jimenez bought all the gun making machinery and designs from Jennings and started making .22 semiauto pistols. After talking with several people that own them they say that these JA-22s are very reliable and very fun. 
I was told that Mr. Jimenez worked for Jennings years ago. 

This is the Jimenez Arms history I was told by a gun store owner in Oregon a few years ago. 

Archived