SASS Wire Forum

Who is THE MAN to get my lightning running?

StoneyMike

I have a colt lightning in 38-40 that is unreliable to run a full stage without issues. My loads cycle and fire through my uberti 73 just perfectly, using the recommended 180 grain bullet with crimp groove crimped in the groove.

I need this rifle to run, and run without me having to worry each stage. It is shot with BP substitute loads.

I want to know who can make this a reliable rifle. who's willing to take it on? I'm not in a hurry but would like to get it on it's way soon. If you know who can do this for me please provide contact info so I can give him a holler or refer him to this post and I'll contact them directly. Thank you very much for your help. Spent way too much on this rifle to make it a paperweight!

Regards StoneyMike

Lassiter would be my first contact.

OK, that name has popped up more than once, BUT does he operate under his alias? his real name? where do I look? I need contact information.

2 minutes ago, StoneyMike said:

OK, that name has popped up more than once, BUT does he operate under his alias? his real name? where do I look? I need contact information.

Tom's Single Action Shop New Lebanon OH 937-687-1039

Best to call him mid day.

The contact info for Lassiter is above.   Let me give a testimonial.

Last year, my trusty AWA in .45 Colt, to date the only rifle I have shot a clean match with (three times!) and my favorite main match rifle, developed a problem.   Long story short, some small piece in the innards broke.   Lassiter was able to repair it, and now the gun runs as well as it ever has.   Many kudos to him for fixing it so quickly, and for doing an excellent job.

When I was giving him the rifle, I was able to have a lengthy conversation with him about the Lightning.   He really knows his stuff, and if anyone can get your rifle working like you want it to, he is the man.

This testimonial was not paid for or solicited in any way.  It's my honest opinion.

I'm H.K. Uriah, and I approved this message.

On an unrelated note, the last time I shot, I noticed something.  I may still be pretty slow with my pistols and shotgun, but I have started to get observably to myself faster with the rifle.  I never did get much faster with the levers, but I see myself doing better with the Lightning.   Once you figure it out, it really can be run very quickly.   Granted, I am still a bottom of the pack shooter, but I have noticed some self improvement.  Some of those experts can really make the Lightning sing.   Don't know if I'll ever get there myself, but I can see myself reaching a point when people say, "If he was as quick with his pistols and SG as he is with the rifle, he'd be competitive."

At least, they say that in my dreams.

Mike, two conditions are needed to make Lightnings function with no issues:  1.  The proper overall length of the reload and 2. The rifle has to be racked hard for both the chambering and extraction cycles. Totally forget what works in your 73 for comparison because they are Two Totally Different Firearms

Archived