SASS Wire Forum

Alert - Warning

Just in case anyone has not noticed, we have a Vistor who just started posting.  In response to every "WTB" post, he miraculously has exactly what you are looking for, and invites you to respond to a numerical GMail address.  He's  sent such responses to every single recent add, regardless of the item requested.

Something tells me that this is a phishing expedition, or some other nefarious activity.  

Watch your step.

LL

28 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Just in case anyone has not noticed, we have a Vistor who just started posting.  In response to every "WTB" post, he miraculously has exactly what you are looking for, and invites you to respond to a numerical GMail address.  He's  sent such responses to every single recent add, regardless of the item requested.

Something tells me that this is a phishing expedition, or some other nefarious activity.  

Watch your step.

LL

Not true, he missed at least two. :lol:

I have had this same experience on multiple sites.  The "friend" always has exactly what you want at a bargain basement price and it is a scam without a doubt.  When in doubt I ask the seller to send me a photo of the item with my name and current date written on a card in front of the item.  I've never heard back from the "friend" while other legitimate sellers are usually happy to comply. 

McMinn

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Watch your step.

LL

They're gone now... whacked some more moles.  Be careful out there!

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Doc Marks said:

It’s happening again.

Yep - Matt306 pm’d me and told me to email his friend Jose in NJ who just happened to have both unusual items I was looking for. Imagine that. These people think we’re fools. 

7 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

Yep - Matt306 pm’d me and told me to email his friend Jose in NJ who just happened to have both unusual items I was looking for. Imagine that. These people think we’re fools. 

Hey! I thought he was just helping me. Darn so disappointed.

4 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Just my luck, his friend has all those things, but does he have a Henry?!  No, of course not!:P:lol:

But does he have PRIMERS?!! Lol

5 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Just my luck, his friend has all those things, but does he have a Henry?!  No, of course not!:P:lol:

Wait, I have one!

.22 Large loop. For you $2000

Yule love it!

:lol:

I feel left out.:(

2 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

But does he have PRIMERS?!! Lol

Gave me a thought.

Not that it needs to be done as seems folks here figure it out pretty quick, but a couple "honey pot" posts would also capture these moles. Especially for stuff that does not exist:

- WTB 20K Federal LP primers, will pay 2 cents each

- ISO Recoil Spring and Double-stack Magazine for Old Model Vaquero

- Need Percussion Cap Nipples for WB 1911

Bet Jose has all of that and more!

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’m looking to buy a Ruger 1873, 357 stainless steel, factory short stroke. Top dollar paid.

Haha, everybody knows Ruger doesn't have a factory short stroke for their stainless '73.   :)

Archived