SASS Wire Forum

Shouldn't He Be Using A Jennings?

Subdeacon Joe

I was thinking of the Jennings J-22. I hope the guy in the photo is just showing what NOT to do. I Hope

7 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Where is the pin going to go on that flat bench? 

could be loud as well as messy.  'course a bright spot for him is that the fingerprints on the right hand will be rather blurred for a while.

He should be using a Ruger SA, after all everyone says theyre  built like a tank.... uh or hammer!!:lol:

I was going to say this is probably staged, Then I remembered a guy, way back when The Coto Cowboys existed, swagger out onto the porch of the range office and take his revolver out of its holster and tack a piece of paper to a pole with a small nail. It looked like something you’d see on a TV Western. 
He even turned and smiled as if he was happy someone noticed. He didn’t like my comment that his actions were silly and irresponsible. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was going to say this is probably staged, Then I remembered a guy, way back when The Coto Cowboys existed, swagger out onto the porch of the range office and take his revolver out of its holster and tack a piece of paper to a pole with a small nail. It looked like something you’d see on a TV Western. 
He even turned and smiled as if he was happy someone noticed. He didn’t like my comment that his actions were silly and irresponsible. 

True. But if you examine a lot of early SAAs you’ll notice suspicious marks, almost like some cowhand was pounding fence staples. ;)

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

True. But if you examine a lot of early SAAs you’ll notice suspicious marks, almost like some cowhand was pounding fence staples. ;)

Yes, I have seen photos of that, now that you mention it. 

16 hours ago, Smoken D said:

I was thinking of the Jennings J-22. I hope the guy in the photo is just showing what NOT to do. I Hope

Hey, I have a J-22 and it actually works. I once shot it alongside a $350 Walther P22 which kept jamming on me, while that "crappy" Jennings kept going. I was pretty annoyed to say the least.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Hey, I have a J-22 and it actually works. I once shot it alongside a $350 Walther P22 which kept jamming on me, while that "crappy" Jennings kept going. I was pretty annoyed to say the least.

Yep, my brand new $45 J-22 is a jewel. One of the best guns I ever purchased. And dang is that silly thing accurate. Just remember never carry one in the chamber unless ya gonna shoot it. Safety not trustworthy and what caused the big law suit and the company to go under. But what fun to shoot.

I carried a Jennings J-22 for a short while until I took it apart to clean. Then decided it was too dangerous to carry loaded!:unsure:

14 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I carried a Jennings J-22 for a short while until I took it apart to clean. Then decided it was too dangerous to carry loaded!:unsure:

Yeah, I agree there isn't much contact between the sear and striker, and the safety is a little plastic piece that's easily broken or worn. Why Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez never bothered to improve them a little to make them safer (and thus prevent all those lawsuits) is beyond me.

A friend of mine had a Jennings for a backup. I called it a Bang Click, because that what two shots (or attempted shots) sounded like. Fortunately he never had to use it.

7 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

That SBR with the all all white lower is even creepier than what ever he's trying to do.

"The range looks crowded today.  I'll come back later."

Not into "star wars " guns, I take it? Might only have one SBR lower and is trying out several uppers. I have one tight rifle I need to tap the take down pin to start it if I need to open it, might be what he's doing. I don't use a gun to do it .

That's how I got my Ruger Blackhawk. It was in a gun store near my in-laws the previous owner got it for his son tto carry while hunting. That season the son got an elk, when dad got to him he was using the BH as a hammer with his knife to split the breastbone. This is a 3-screw BH with alloy grip frame. He had it loaded with 6 rounds and the hammer down on a cartridge. His dad quickly took it away and sold it. When I got it one grip panel was  chipped and the frame had several gouges where it hit the knife back.

On another forum there is a guy who just bought a new Colt Defender 1911 and couldn't get the slide stop to come out, so he used a hammer and a small pry bar and ended up boogering the snot out of his brand-new gun. He admitted he simply got impatient and didn't stop and think things through, but that's a hell of a way to learn a lesson like that.

Archived