SASS Wire Forum

2020 Stats

Waxahachie Kid #17017 L

I was wondering (I can't "wander" because of the risk of catching the danged virus)...

anyway...

I was wondering about some 2020 firearm stats in the U.S.

2020 stat.... there are about 120 million firearms owned by 100 million Americans.

2020 stat...43% of Americans live in a home where there are firearms.

2020 stat...5 million new, FIRST TIME, gun owners have been added, so far, THIS YEAR!!!!

That tells me that if all the firearms owners, and their families, and their friends, and acquaintances, voted in the upcoming election, we might be able

to retain our 2nd Amendment RIGHT for the PEOPLE (that's us) to keep and bear arms. 

Amazing....5 million new, first time, gun owners, this year so far.  No wonder things are in short supply right now.

Now that's a good temporary problem to have...a shortage because of new, first time, buyers. 

Hopefully that will also add more members to the 5 million already in the N.R.A., and also add members to S.A.S.S., and the other gun organizations too.

I do not, or should not, have to tell you who to vote for....vote for those candidates that support our sport, and our hobby, and our Constitutional Rights!

VOTE!!! GetRDone!!!

Or...don't vote, but if you don't, you'd better stock up on Chap-Stick!!!

W.K.

"He never knew when he was whipped....so....he never was!" - Louis L'Amour.

VOTE ; ...... 'cause if you don't then you have no moral right to complain about the government that you end up with.

(you didn't vote for them and you didn't vote against them because you didn't vote at all)

The flaw with the argument is that members of a certain political party will overwhelmingly vote for candidates of that party regardless of conflicts with their personal beliefs and philosophies.  This has been demonstrated time and again.  :(

I'm sure the Eloi in H. G. Well's The Time Machine were descendants of today's party members.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

VOTE ; ...... 'cause if you don't then you have no moral right to complain about the government that you end up with.

(you didn't vote for them and you didn't vote against them because you didn't vote at all)

But they still complain. 

Unfortunately, it may be more truth there than we care to admit. 

People are creatures of habit. They are raised in a certain religion, or political party, and they never seem to ask why do I believe this,

or why do I vote this way, every time. They never bother to check out the facts, they just blindly go along with "what we've always done".  

As for politics, they never seem to realize that perhaps their party left them, years ago.

For example:

Take a look at the democratic party platform, if you can find it on-line, from say the 1950's, or early 1960's, and compare it to today's democratic party platform.

You can do that with any party, but that one may be the most changed.

People need to look up, and read, their party's political platform, to see what goals that party has, and is working toward. Regardless of what a candidate says, or promises, look at that party's platform. Usually, you can find what they are really wanting to accomplish.  

If they mostly match what you believe, then fine. If they don't, then vote accordingly.

The party you always vote for, because great-grandpa, or grandpa, or pa, voted for, may not advocate, and stand, for the same things that they once did. 

If you are on this site, that means you have some sort of interest in firearms. 

If you care about this sport, and for hunting, and for self-defense, and for the right to be able to pass down an heirloom(s) to your child, or grandchild,

then vote for that candidate that supports what you, and we, believe in. If all of us will vote that way, we can keep our freedoms.

If not...we may lose them...a little at a time, or all at once. 

Do not let the news media, or Hollywood stars, or politicians, or your union, or someone you know, influence you. In the voting booth, it is just you and your sense of what you want to see happen, down the line.

No candidate is perfect. We just have to do a tiny bit of  research, and vote for the ones that supports us. It ain't rocket science.....or......is it?  

I know several democrats that own guns and still vote democrat no matter how ANTI-GUN  the candidate is! Boggles the mind!:wacko: 

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I know several democrats that own guns and still vote democrat no matter how ANTI-GUN  the candidate is! Boggles the mind!:wacko: 

I know a lady who's actively anti-abortion.  Strong conservative beliefs. But still votes Democratic.   I asked for an explanation.  Her reply,  "Well,  the president doesn't have any say in abortion.". I replied, "Who do you think nominate Supreme Court judges?".  No reply.  Deaf ears.

Archived