SASS Wire Forum

Edward H. Bohlin Holster

Mx762

Good day , I recently purchased a colt pistol and holster and need a little help with the holster?

What I know is it’s a Edward H. Bohlin Holster and he was a famous saddle and holster maker in California who made holsters for Roy Rogers and other celebrities  , my question to you is how old is it and what is the estimated value such a piece?

Thanks 

50363625251_8d2e64a57a_k.jpg

50363799542_875b771304_k.jpg

50362946648_f0e55a800b_k.jpg

50363613421_43ef93fd37_k.jpg

Nice looking holster.  Bohlin rigs fetch big bucks at auctions, but they are almost always complete rigs.  I don't think the company he started is still in business so there is probably no way to date the holster or the customer, although from the lack of overall wear it was probably made well after the company was started.  If there is a connection to a recognized actor/performer the price rises, a lot.  If the buckle, spots and conchos are real silver then a WAG would be north of $500.

If the pistol and holster were purchased together, a Colt letter on the pistol may give a hint as to the owner, or which dealer/distributor it was sold to.  That might give an idea as to when the holster was built.

Tex

Bohlin relocated to Dallas.  A Bohlin belt set is on Gunbroker for $1800. 

I would contact Bohlin in Dallas about getting the holster authenticated and appraised.

Archived