SASS Wire Forum

Rye Miles #13621

I almost never carry back ups.  When I do, it's for a far away match with lots of shooting.  Comin' Atcha shooting three different categories comes to mind.  36 stages over 4 days is on my to do list :ph34r:

I had to stop buying backup guns cause it's getting to be a pain loading them up every time. 

But now yall got me thinking about having a single backup pistol instead of an entire backup pair. 

Hmmm..   From now on I can only buy cowboy pistols in 3s I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Hmmm..   From now on I can only buy cowboy pistols in 3s I guess. 

Identical sets of 3 (or more) has been my philosophy for several years now. ;)

shotguns were always my short suit - i started with a stevens hammerless 511 with long barrels that was my dads field gun - i gave it to my nephew/godson when he said he wanted to hunt with it , moved to a hammerless stoeger coach [i still have and shoot] then bought a couple long barreled 1897s [still have one of them] then a friend traded me the second 97 for a long barreled stevens 311 that i like for cowboy trap so im planning to shorten the 30" cylinder 97 i had been using for cowboy trap - it will become a match gun , then i found a stevens hammered double that i had cut to coach length in what i believe is a 211 , this all occurred over about 15 years and only last year could i actually claim a backup for match shotgun really , now ill have three deep and the trap option , 

Archived