SASS Wire Forum

Pepsi Commercials

Subdeacon Joe

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Flat??? I’ve never had a Pepsi that was flat unless someone shook it up and let all the fizz out which would happen with. Coke too!:blink:

Pepsi has ALWAYS tasted flat to me.  The carbonation just isn't there, in my opinion!  You can look at both as they are poured into glasses and the bubbles are larger and more active in the Coke and thus it has more bite!!  Coke is also slightly more tart!!  Offsets the sweetener, (usually corn syrup) better.  I buy the Coca Cola Life which uses real sugar and stevia!!  Tastes just like regular Coke and drops my blood sugar and average of 25 points!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Not to change the subject, but I have noticed that by posting on a forum can trigger a

disagreement about just about anything. Even SODY POP. 

There wouldn't be any disagreement if all you people would just see that I'm always right and do it my way.  Capice?

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Pepsi has ALWAYS tasted flat to me.  The carbonation just isn't there, in my opinion!  You can look at both as they are poured into glasses and the bubbles are larger and more active in the Coke and thus it has more bite!!  Coke is also slightly more tart!!  Offsets the sweetener, (usually corn syrup) better.  I buy the Coca Cola Life which uses real sugar and stevia!!  Tastes just like regular Coke and drops my blood sugar and average of 25 points!!

It’s amazing to me how people can get completely different views on this subject. I’ve never thought either Pepsi or Coke had different carbonation, to me I just like the taste of Pepsi better! I’ll take a Pepsi please you can have the Coke! ;)

Being Canadian, MY favourite soft drink is ....................................................................................................................................................................................................

American beer.

C.L.Kid runs, ducks and covers

Animated Stirthepot2.gif

cheers.gif

13 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Pepsi has ALWAYS tasted flat to me.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It’s amazing to me how people can get completely different views on this subject. I’ve never thought either Pepsi or Coke had different carbonation,

To me it seems that Pepsi has more and finer bubbles, giving a a better mouth feel and "tingle."  It also has a better flavor, to me Coke is too sweet and kind of bland.

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

There wouldn't be any disagreement if all you people would just see that I'm always right and do it my way.  Capice?

Good luck on that Forty Rod. 

31 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Being Canadian, MY favourite soft drink is ....................................................................................................................................................................................................

American beer.

Animated Stirthepot2.gif

cheers.gif

As an American, mine is Canadian beer. Funny that. 

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

American beer.

Animated Stirthepot2.gif

cheers.gif

You HAD to go there, didn't you?

Not that you're wrong, of course.  There's a reason that I've bought more Molson's than I have Budweiser (and more Foster's than both of them).

Maybe it's just old age, but I actually have developed a taste for Bud Light as my Go To beer. 

Go figure.

4 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Democrats.

That’s funny I’m a registered Republican and I drink Pepsi!

Greek diner brother:  no Pepsi; Coke!

53 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Greek diner brother:  no Pepsi; Coke!

Never been to a Greek diner!:P

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............. when did Michael Jacksons' hair catch fire .......  ?

Michael Jackson got burned by Pepsi. Richard Pryor got burned by Coke. Neither one probably cared too much about carbonation.:o

Howdy,

Pepsi Coke. A classic rivalry.

I once took the pepsi challenge at the Wis state fair.

I chose Coke.

When they asked myfavorite beverage I said Coors. Of Course.

They dont call it cowboy kool aid for nothing.

By the way if you really like Coke I hear Mcdonalds mixes extra

strong Coke so that adding ice will make the mix just right.

On a hot summer day I went thru the mc drive thru and ordered

Coke with very little ice.  I immediatly stuck in a straw and took

a good hard pull on that cold Coke.

It was SO GOOD.

Hard to believe people under 21 can order that.

Best

CR

Howdy,

Free choice ?

Funny thing about that. Pepsi paid off the admin at NIU to only serve Pepsi.

The only place on the whole campus selling coke was the McD store in the

student center.

ALL Coke machines out.

All dining halls Pepsi only.

And they made a fuss if people brought Coke products from home

and put Cokes in the office referigerator.

In a STAFF MEETING.  NO COKE PEPSI.

Fortunate for me I hardly drink either.

Most times when I drink pop it is included with the meal price.

Best

CR

Which could also stand for Crown Royal.......

In the DISTANT past, we were talking about getting a fountain soda dispenser for the basketball concession booth at our high school. We wanted Coke but they charged for EVERYYTHING whereas Pepsi would provide the cups for free. So we went with Pepsi due to the lower cost (and more profit).:unsure:

4 hours ago, Cemetery said:

Royal Crown for the WIN!!!

I actually liked RC the best!! Do they still make it? I don’t see it anywhere.

Howdy,

Wow. If there was only some way some sort of machine that could

tell us what is for sale.

I just dont know.

Maybe some day someone will invent it.

We could call it the everything in the world made looker upper.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I actually liked RC the best!! Do they still make it? I don’t see it anywhere.

Yeah, it's currently owned by Keurig/Dr Pepper.

I think you have to go to a big stores like Target/Walmart.  I see it online, but not in person.

I used to love Dr. Pepper when it was Texas owned.  Now, it’s owned by a German conglomerate.

6 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

In the DISTANT past, we were talking about getting a fountain soda dispenser for the basketball concession booth at our high school. We wanted Coke but they charged for EVERYYTHING whereas Pepsi would provide the cups for free. So we went with Pepsi due to the lower cost (and more profit).:unsure:

When I was in school the local Pepsi bottler provided everything to all the schools for next to nothing. We got the machines, CO2, and cups for free as long as we bought pre-mixed soda from them at a steep discount. It came in reusable cans about 3 feet tall and 10" in diameter. Allowed us to make a profit on concession sales at our ball games. While we sold candy, hot dogs, and nachos the only things we made any real money on were Sodas and Popcorn.

28 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

When I was in school the local Pepsi bottler provided everything to all the schools for next to nothing. We got the machines, CO2, and cups for free as long as we bought pre-mixed soda from them at a steep discount. It came in reusable cans about 3 feet tall and 10" in diameter. Allowed us to make a profit on concession sales at our ball games. While we sold candy, hot dogs, and nachos the only things we made any real money on were Sodas and Popcorn.

Might have had the same deal. Just too long ago for me to remember!:rolleyes:

Archived