SASS Wire Forum

Non-SASS Vintage Italian (?) Hiking Boots

Dusty Morningwood

REDUCED This is an excellent pair of lightly worn men's 7.5 M vintage (70s-80s?) hiking boots. By the style and construction, I am assuming Italian. There  is no makers tag. The uppers are heavy full grain leather that show now real signs of being broken in. The VIBRAM soles show minimal, almost non-existent wear. Some soil fragments in soles. High quality old school boots. Asking $50 SHIPPED.

?site=0&stg=1&mpt=1600515491516

IMG_20200918_180644411.jpg

IMG_20200918_180740131.jpg

IMG_20200918_180958738.jpg

IMG_20200918_180803537.jpg

IMG_20200918_181034709.jpg

2 hours ago, Okiepan said:

Looks like the old colorado boots from the 70s

Hmmm?  There is a very indistinct logo inside.  I will look up Colorado Boots and see if there is a similar logo.  Thanks!

Had a pair of Lowe boots  that looked like that. German. Cost $55 in 1972. When they quit making them (in 80's?) they were up to $300.  Everyone coated them back then with stuff called "Snow Seal". These don't look like they even got coated yet. The stuff didn't really work so well anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Tucson John said:

Had a pair of Lowe boots  that looked like that. German. Cost $55 in 1972. When they quit making them (in 80's?) they were up to $300.  Everyone coated them back then with stuff called "Snow Seal". These don't look like they even got coated yet. The stuff didn't really work so well anyway. 

I had some heavy Lowe hiking boots I bought in sale in 1978 for, IIRC, around $75. The soles finally peeled off the uppers in a clay field in 1994. I spent many hours heating Sno-Seal into leather boots back in those days. My hiking days are over. I bought these a couple of years ago thinking they weren't. 

Yep, my Lowe boots were really heavy too. I mean heavy construction - like a tank.  What made me think of them was the thick red laces - I remember being almost embarassed by them laces.  Like the ones you show (Maybe are Italian - which were great too). I never did wear them out. Think someone stole them when they stole my truck. 

By the way - I bought a pair of water proof Cabelas on sale called Red something 6 months ago. Should have just sent them back. Soles so thin a cactus sticker would go right thru. Thought I could coat them with caulk to make thicker, but that didn't work.  Free to anyone that wants them - might work in a swamp. Size 10.5 W.   pm me.

Went to take a picture of them and then thought, "Why should I give them away?" I was just mad. Would have done it but nobody pm'd anyway. I'll just wear them when I go hunting in wet grassy places.  They wern't mud boots but hiking boots like shown but cheaper stuff that they make now and supposibly waterproof liner in it.  Sorry.

BOINK!

8 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Looks like an older model (mid to late 80's vintage) Red Wing Irish Setter hiking boots.Built like a tank, but VERY heavy.

Better support than most new stuff. 

Had a pair like that in late 70’s-early 80’s. They were good sturdy boots & back when I thought carrying 50 pounds of stuff on my back was a good way of enjoyment, they served me well. I was never quite sure if I broke them in or they broke my feet in. Great memories!  :-)

BTT for the Fall hiking season.

Archived