SASS Wire Forum

New to me purchase w pics Colt 45LC SAA Alamo

autodex

Hello

I purchased a 1967 Colt SAA Alamo from Cherrys Fine Guns. Thought I would share some pics. Limited to 750 guns for this model. Holster is from Frontier Leather Slick Jim 

Unfortunately I can’t pick her up for three weeks,  Maryland has a 1  handgun a month rule but went to to receiving FFL to check her out

847DBEF9-AEC3-4C08-AE71-07CD39513119.jpeg

00E214C1-708B-4669-8249-403829230DB2.jpeg

8EFDAF8B-B727-4223-9573-709C39B9CED6.jpeg

81E2960B-7E89-4C6F-94E7-4EF180EF7FBA.jpeg

Great looking gun.   I have an affinity for those Second Generation Colt Commemoratives.   Not only are they really nice to look at, but they are nice shooters and tend, for some reason, to actually be less expensive than a generic 2nd Gen in comparable condition.  [With a couple of annoying exceptions, that just happen to be the ones I want the most...]  Most are .45's, some are .44-40's, and there are a plethora of .22's.  I've not made a hobby of collecting them, but whenever I come across one, I ponder long and hard about getting it.  You've got yourself a sweet pistol there, sir.   Enjoy shooting it.

By the way, since these guns are Second Generation, ALL of them are C and R eligible guns.   Another factor that makes getting them rather easy.

My only concern would be that star on the left grip.  Might cause problems with your grip when shooting.  I'd keep those grips, but look for replacements for SASS purposes.  Good luck!

Pimping?

625225504_GoldPearl.thumb.JPG.9bfa20400d7b82089b651ac71f9c952f.JPG

We all know what General Patton said about pearl handled pistols.

1443665567_GoldIvory.thumb.JPG.0852ad753d9fbc9927ae23f045021d39.JPG

So if anything, I "anti-pimped" this gun.   Genuine wooley mammoth ivory.   Yes, I shoot it.   Even shot a clean match with it.

I also have one of the NRA Centennial commemoratives.   Those are the easiest ones to find, it seems.

19 hours ago, autodex said:

Ok forgot to add  I plan on shooting her. It my first Colt SAA and don’t plan on the purchase for investment purposes.

Atta boy!  Shoot that thang!

(Love the fluteless cyclinder)

I am sorry you have that stupid waiting "rule" in your State. 

I can't imagine how anxious you are to get that Colt into your hands, and then out on the range.

It's cruel, and unusual punishment to make you wait.

I was stationed in Bainbridge, for a few months, but have never lived in Maryland long term.

The people seemed nice, those few we saw off base, but back then they didn't have Dr. Pepper available there, and most never heard of it.

The things I had to endure while in the military!!!

Nice looking Colt. 

Hi,

Yes the Maryland Guns laws are counterintuitive, you can purchase a HBAR AR 15 cash and carry but there is a 30 day wait for handguns between purchases plus a 7 day cooing off period on top. 

Dr Pepper is not an issue in DC  metro area Mr Pibb on that other hand good luck!.

Archived