SASS Wire Forum

Cult movies - and otherwise bad movies on YouTube

Warden Callaway

Re Little Shop of Horrors - the Musical.  I let the grandsons watch it but had to fess up to their Dad - I was afraid Grandson #2 would talk about that big strawberry eating that guy.

Now the worst of the worst.

The Wild World of Batwoman remains one of the most obscure movies of its kind, and to a point, its origin story also happens to be the reason for that. You see, DC Comics had nothing to do with the making of this film.

This movie was made because a strip club went out of business. Strippers were out of work, and a casting director was in the area. The director saw them, things presumably happened, and The Wild World of Batwoman was born.

Alternatively called She Was a Hippie Vampire, this extremely poorly written movie is about as low-budget and cringe-inducing as you'd expect. The best part about it is that somewhere, out there, a casting director got laid. That's the only way this turd could have come about. Seriously.

That being said, it's one of the "best" worst sci-fi movies you'll see. Even MST3K got in on the campy fun.

• 2 weeks later...

when i lived in davenport iowa in early 80 to 82 the rocky  hoarer movie was running - never got around to seeing that spectacle but heard it was an adventure in theater going experiences 

On 9/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, MizPete said:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  The original.  B&W.

A classic of the genre. 

On 10/4/2020 at 6:21 AM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Good Harlan Ellison short story. 
Crappy movie.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... isn't that the movie we are living right now ?   :(

No. This one. 

1B79CBC6-05ED-44AD-AC2C-0D71575DF1F2.jpeg

On 9/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, MizPete said:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  The original.  B&W.

A classic of the 1950s SyFy genre.

Archived