SASS Wire Forum

What else carry?

Chili Ron

In addition to a 50 rounder, I have a ten round drum from the AWB days. :lol: I've read it's a relatively easy thing to make it into a 30 rounder with the existing spring.

Two small pocket knives, a four inch side lock switch blade, and starting in about a week a 33" manriki gusari: I'll have to go back about 50 years to my early Okinawa days to learn how to use it again.

That, and a cornucopia of daily essentials.

Swiss Army knife, lip balm, grocery store & gas station loyalty cards.  Checkbook (at Petey's request).  About pens: my Dad gave me a Schaeffer fountain pen when I was about 8 yrs old.  I'd never felt so ADULT before.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

The one in the other post is a Diplomat ball point - top left one in this pic. Other fountain pens are Diplomats, Watermans, Esterbrooks, Parkers, Schaeffers, and a couple unmarked ones.

Pens.jpg

Nice Collection!

On 9/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

I carry a tally book but not usually a pen unless I expect to have something worth tallying because too many pens blew up on me. 

if you want an 1890's solution, the old fashioned safety pen was an ink bottle with a cork in it.  keep it upright when uncorking it and then your pen nib pushes up from inside.  pressure is always equalized when you open it so ink doesn't get everywhere.  they've dug some of these up from WW1 trenches and they wrote just fine.  Noodler's makes their take on a modern reproduction.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=noodler's+boston+safety+pen&docid=608033834534636754&mid=81B185BAE7D3D661087981B185BAE7D3D6610879&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Automatic knife with glass breaker

Case Stockman knife

Keys

Truck key

Nitro pills

Tape measure

Small magnifying glass

Eyeglasses

Cigar stub to chew on

Pipe

pipe tool

Lighter

i tell nurses that I really weigh 10-12 lbs less than shown.  They look at me like I’m nuts!

8 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

i tell nurses that I really weigh 10-12 lbs less than shown.  They look at me like I’m nuts!

at least you have a good reason to weight 10 lbs less than shown, they think I'm nuts for telling them I'm allergic to phlebotomists. 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

The one in the other post is a Diplomat ball point - top left one in this pic. Other fountain pens are Diplomats, Watermans, Esterbrooks, Parkers, Schaeffers, and a couple unmarked ones.

Pens.jpg

I know an old man who collects Parkers.  Some cost more that a good used car.

Emergency pocket comb.  I still have hair.

in my car I have one of those knives that you can punch out the car glass in case I drove off a bridge.

Archived