SASS Wire Forum

What else carry?

Chili Ron

Howdy 

So we carry knives and guns but what else besides keys and of course credit cards.

I usually carry a pen and a tiny tape measure.

That tape measure sometimes confounds folks.

Best

CR

Me too. Always a pen for sure. And a 3’ tape comes in very handy.

Well, in Sonoma County it is pretty well impossible for a regular citizen to get a CCW and I don't want to carry illegally (at this time, anyway), so two pocket knives, pen or pencil, phone, Fitbit, a bit of paper folded up and tucked into a pocket.  Bags to pick up after the dog (got those in my work pants, my lounging shorts, bathrobe, cassock).

Fitbit

Reading glasses

12' half inch Stanley tape measure

Buck pocket knife

Compact 9mm or .380

Pen

Small notebook

Keys

Wallet w/licenses, cash, credit cards, etc.

Phone

Olight S1A Baton on a lanyard around my neck with the light dropped in my right front shirt pocket.

Glock 19, Leatherman Surge & bit kit, Kershaw Boa, liquid gel pen, O light AAA 180 lumen flashlight (extra battery), two sets of ID and cash (separated from each other), checkbook, keys (with 2 car keys separated from one another one key chain with house keys and one with work keys), and cell phone. So just the basics, all fits in regular pockets except the Surge and Glock which are in belt holsters and the cell phone that is in a cell phone pouch with clip that I attach to the left front pocket. Sometimes a wrist watch. Sometimes a Kimber compact 1911. Oh, and usually a travel mug with coffee.

21 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

And to carry all that... you'll need a MURSE:blink:

2020_09_18_07_50_32.thumb.jpg.a4d58c71e6dec91b76782d9a2f058166.jpg

No thank you.  It would clash with my Liberty overalls.  I'll just use a syrup bucket.

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Streamlight ProTac 2L or ProTac 2Lx.  Never leave home without one or the other.  

protac2lx.jpg

Thank you! me too.

Sig 239 or SCCY 9mm

spare mag

wallet

phone

pocket knife

keys

pen

notepad

1 hour ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I forgot.  Can of sardines and can of Vienna Sausages.  (Pronounced VY-eena down here)

Smoked or kippered herring and a can of Viennas- I don't like sardines.  I even grabbed an extra packet of hot sauce from down at the local chicken shack to go with them. 

There's also a can of Chunky soup (one of the potato soups since they eat good cold) and a small can of pineapple rings in the truck, too.

25 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Everybody liked this at the family reunion, but it gets heavy. Might need to have Doc Noper make up a rig.

TommyDeck.jpg

I'm glad you went with the 50 round drum instead of the 100, much easier to conceal.

28 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Everybody liked this at the family reunion, but it gets heavy. Might need to have Doc Noper make up a rig.

TommyDeck.jpg

Hey Dom, we need pics of Shortcake shootin' that thing!

Every vehicle has a flashlight, first aid kit, rain poncho, and one of those shiny blanket thingy's, and two bottles of water.

Me, pocket knife, fancy card holder, keys, extra magazine.   And cash! Hard to buy gas/food/etc. if the lines are down and you can't use your cards!

I stopped carrying a wallet about 2 years ago. The card holder also protects the cards from scanners and magnets. 

IMG_0627.thumb.jpg.c6048d89c2d044bfe729e0c4fb09fdd8.jpg

This little device caused me to chow down on a 3 course meal of crow. Shortcake is a big fan, if not a sponsor, of QVC. I routinely razz her about the merchandise (crap in guy-speak) that rolls into the house.

Until recently.

This gadget is called a HALO, and it works as advertised. It has enough juice for 250 jump starts, can power a small appliance, laptop, cell phones, etc. This one even inflates tires. Recharge it with car or house current. It jumped started our van in below zero weather and inflated out tire in Iowa in July. She bought one for her brother. He was just caught in Gulf Shores, Alabama during the hurricane. The little HALO brought them power to keep a few things running until they could get out.

Seeing is believing, and I have seen. And learned to shut up about QVC. All the kids have these in their cars now. Soda can is for scale only.

HaloCan.jpg

HaloHose.jpg

besides knives, gun(s) keys and cards, I have a fountain pen and notebook.  Leatherman Rebar with the Leatherman bit adapter kit and ceramic rod.  Magnifying glass that can start a fire (I have two, I wear them on my face, they do start fires if the conditions are correct)… headphones, flashlight, phone, extra .357 Mag ammo, wedding ring, sometimes an extra flashlight.

Here's my Monday Carry,

WP_20200921_21_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.22786c78c98b5a6a8d065a6fadb47fe5.jpg

14 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Pen

looked like a fountain pen in a previous post, what pen(s) do you carry?

7 hours ago, Raylan said:

Glock 19...travel mug with coffee.

Is there really anything needed besides these two items?

:D

Surprising that as many people carry a tape measure as there are people who carry a flashlight.  At least there was till I got here cause I carry a flashlight and no tape.  Other than that, a knife and if I can, a gun.  Sometimes I have my big set of keys which has tweezers, screwdrivers, and a bottle opener on the key ring.  I also usually carry ear plugs because of how often I've wound up seeing a movie when the volume was too loud.  My hearing is bad enough as it is, i don't fool around with that anymore. 

I carry a tally book but not usually a pen unless I expect to have something worth tallying because too many pens blew up on me. 

Howdy,

Fisher astronaut pen. I have one in my glove box.

Ive had it for years. Never blown. Writes in sub zero.

Writes over butter whatever.

These are available for the widest range of price you can imagine.

The cheapest is a stick style with a cap.

And they offer a rainbow of INK colors.

Did you want red or burgundy or silver?

I bought the plastic pen with matching ink.

Or mix and match.

How can you pass on a BULLET pen?

And get your alias on it for free(many models)?

Best

CR

1 hour ago, El CupAJoe said:

looked like a fountain pen in a previous post, what pen(s) do you carry?

The one in the other post is a Diplomat ball point - top left one in this pic. Other fountain pens are Diplomats, Watermans, Esterbrooks, Parkers, Schaeffers, and a couple unmarked ones.

Pens.jpg

My daily load out:

Right front pants pocket: Keys

Left front pants pocket: Box knife, lighter, any daily accumulated change, any little scrap to toss in the next available trash can

Right rear pants pocket: Wallet

Left rear pants pocket: Cell phone, smokes

If I'm wearing a cover garment, then left rear pants pocket contents move to cover garment pockets, phone on right, smokes on left.

Hip, 3 o'clock: Daily carry OWB

Hip, 9 o'clock: Extra magazine

Archived