SASS Wire Forum

Y’all missed Happy Hour.

Utah Bob #35998

I told ya drinks were free 6 to 6:15. :P

Couldn’t decide on a libation for the occasion. Then I remembered. What young, unsophisticated Bob woulda had. Quality Scotch? Nope. Champagne? Hahaha! Beer. Yeah, but that’s not a celebration drink. Ya need hard likker. 
Then it hit me like a Creedence Clearwater Revival tune turned up to 11!

Rum and Coke!

Drink  of choice for the young and foolish in the 70s.

O course I  wouldn’t have had a Ron Zacapa 23. Too much  $$$$ for me back then.

But I understand now that life is too short to drink cheap liquor. ;)

36F1FC31-C22C-4B86-B301-5E43AE409DFA.jpeg

2361B78A-0853-461B-BB47-E0189A714AC5.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Alpo said:

6 to 6:15? That seems like an awful short hour.

I know how you guys drink! :lol::P

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I told ya drinks were free 6 to 6:15. :P

Couldn’t decide on a libation for the occasion. Then I remembered. What young, unsophisticated Bob woulda had. Quality Scotch? Nope. Champagne? Hahaha! Beer. Yeah, but that’s not a celebration drink. Ya need hard likker. 
Then it hit me like Creedence Clearwater Revival tune! Rum and Coke!

Drink  of choice for the young and foolish in the 70s.

Bit I probably wouldn’t have had a Ron Zacapa 23. $$

But I understand now that life is too short to drink cheap liquor. ;)

36F1FC31-C22C-4B86-B301-5E43AE409DFA.jpeg

2361B78A-0853-461B-BB47-E0189A714AC5.jpeg

Black Flag Jamaican rum and Coke were my drink of choice when I still drank.  Black Flag is gone now and I'm not even all that fond of Coke since I discovered Sarsaparilla again.

Just now, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Black Flag Jamaican rum and Coke were my drink of choice when I still drank.  Black Flag is gone now and I'm not even all that fond of Coke since I discovered Sarsaparilla again.

I can’t believe some of the stuff I drank when I was young! :blink:

It was a nice quite evening. No incoming. 
Whatwazzat?? Okay, just the door slamming. Whew!  :D

A79C5CD1-6F9F-4760-AFE8-FA27E0CECB09.jpeg

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I can’t believe some of the stuff I drank when I was young! :blink:

That's for sure....lots of Ripple cause it was cheap.

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It was a nice quite evening. No incoming. 
Whatwazzat?? Okay, just the door slamming. Whew!  :D

My former next-door neighbor was a 'Nam vet who served in the Army. He was VERY jumpy, and one time when I came up to him in his garage he nearly jumped clean out of his skin. He also hated 4th of July fireworks. He told me a few stories that he likely didn't tell many others, such as the first man he killed as well as the time his firebase was nearly overrun (I forget which one it was). Like they say, you never forget... you only shove it way in the back of your mind and hope it stays there.

49 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My former next-door neighbor was a 'Nam vet who served in the Army. He was VERY jumpy, and one time when I came up to him in his garage he nearly jumped clean out of his skin. He also hated 4th of July fireworks. He told me a few stories that he likely didn't tell many others, such as the first man he killed as well as the time his firebase was nearly overrun (I forget which one it was). Like they say, you never forget... you only shove it way in the back of your mind and hope it stays there.

I’m not jumpy. I’m alert. :D

My wife just made a rum an coke then asked if the camper was unlocked. I do believe happy hour just started at the Slim house. None of you are invited. ;)

Blue Nun and Schwartze Katz were two wines I guzzled in Germany. 

And some bier...

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

My wife just made a rum an coke then asked if the camper was unlocked. I do believe happy hour just started at the Slim house. None of you are invited. ;)

Smart move Slim. 

Best drink I ever had was a pull on a bottle of brandy, sitting in the back of a

deuce and a half on the banks of the Danube river, at midnight awaiting the

completion of a bridge being constructed by the Engineers. As I recall it was cold, dark and raining. 

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Smart move Slim. 

Best drink I ever had was a pull on a bottle of brandy, sitting in the back of a

deuce and a half on the banks of the Danube river, at midnight awaiting the

completion of a bridge being constructed by the Engineers. As I recall it was cold, dark and raining. 

I can’t recall the best drink I ever had. I’ll have to cogitate on that. 
I know it wasn’t the first drink I ever had. :D

On 9/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I was at a British EM club one time in Berlin.  Within 15 minutes of opening, the waiters were taking out the empties in shopping carts.  Those boys could drink.

Help me out here:

Are you saying this is a bad thing or are you a bit jealous?

4 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Help me out here:

Are you saying this is a bad thing or are you a bit jealous?

Impressive, but put an equal number of U.S. troops in the same situation and they would give the Brits a run for their money.  :lol:

I was the President of the Crime Prevention Association of Pennsylvania. The main speaker at our yearly conference was Steven White the Chief Deputy Constable of the Republic of Northern Ireland. After the conference we adjourned to a friend’s home in the woods to continue the conference. We cracked a large bottle of Jack and the three of us started in on it.

I thought I could drink but I was wrong. That bottle disappeared and I learned never try to out drink an Irishman even if he was from the North  

Archived