SASS Wire Forum

Super Stage!!!

Matthew Duncan

Super Stage!

What is a Super Stage you might ask?  Well I’ll tell ya!  But before I do I’ll be a needing to give y’all a little background first.

Wolff’s Rowdy Rangers are the creator of the Super Stage (my story my facts).  At the time of its creation space was limited for their annual two-day match.  The solution was to combine two stages into one!

The Super Stage requires two rifle, four pistols, a good part of a box of shotgun shells and sometimes a 22 pistol and/or rifle (club provided).  Most cowpokes have several sets of firearms, or in my case I borrow from another cowpoke.

First time I heard the reading of the senecio I said to myself, “WHAT!?!?”.  Then after I shot the stage I said to myself, “I WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!”

For the stage description and scenario for last year’s Super Stage <Click Here>.  It was a no miss, count bonuses only stage.  For a video of Michigan Slim shooting the 2017 Super Stage <Click Here>

Don’t believe what I’m a telling ya?  Come see for yourself September 25th (side matches), 26th and 27th.  Wolff’s Rowdy Ranger’s is located in Bristol, Indiana.  Top center part of the State and just south of the Michigan State line.

Since the Super Stage creation the bays have been enlarged, concrete side berms, new stages, limestone parking have been added.  Check out a video of the new range <Click Here>.

Additional information <Click Here>

Arroyo Cantua in Cali had a side match stage called master gunfighter. It used 10 or 11 guns! 6 pistols, one pair C&B furnished by the club, pocket pistol 2 rifles, 1 big bore single shot rifle, and 1 shotgun. Or something like that. It too awhile but it sure was fun.  They have a storefront that is used for two stages. SO you used the whole front to shoot everything.

IKe

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Picked the wrong match to try duelist for sure. My thumb was tired.

Yeah, had that same problem when I tried to switch to Gun Fighter. Old Author Ridus just wasn't having it! 

29 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Looks like a blast.  How do you score it?  Total time less 5 or 10 second bonuses?

Total time minus bonuses 

14 hours ago, Sarge said:

How much time does a bonus reduce time?

In the Super Stage that Capt. Bill Burt shot, the shooter had 10 more shots than there were targets.  Misses didn't count as long as the targets all went down.  Any left over rounds were shot on a bonus target for a 1 second bonus each.  Spotters only had to count the bonus hits.  You could get up to a 10 second bonus if you shot it perfectly.

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

In the Super Stage that Capt. Bill Burt shot, the shooter had 10 more shots than there were targets.  Misses didn't count as long as the targets all went down.  Any left over rounds were shot on a bonus target for a 1 second bonus each.  Spotters only had to count the bonus hits.  You could get up to a 10 second bonus if you shot it perfectly.

I think I got 8.

While not a "super stage" we have been trying for the last two years to do an Iron Cowboy match the Sunday of Thanksgiving.  4 Pistol 2 Rifle and 8-10 shot gun for 3 stages.  The weather has prevented it happening though.  Maybe this year, but with how 2020 is going I am not banking on it! 

If you a wanting to attend the 2-day and experience the Super Stage in person, you can register on site Friday morning.  Just tell the Matthew sent you.

Archived