SASS Wire Forum

Someone Got Some "splainin' To Do

Subdeacon Joe

When I was in Charlie Btry 1/36 Arty in Germany, back in ‘67 there was a PFC IN Bravo Btry who had blown a rod in a deuce and a half, and then repeated on a three quarter.  He was assigned to mow the parade ground. Once down the ground and half back up,  BBAAAAMMMM.  Blew the rod in the mower.  Never heard what else happened to him but I suspect he may have gone on the next “13A10 needed for SE Asia” requisition.

I was on the Range (and had to do the investigation) when we split a 105 Leopard barrel like Elmer Fudds gun in a bugs bunny cartoon:blush:

It split into 4 (peeled back from the muzzle like a banana) along the lines of the scribe marks on the muzzle.

I will bet the picture above was due to the stab being turned on and going thru close terrain without holding the gun at 12. Not that I would know that from any personal experience:rolleyes:

Saw a GAMA GOAT after being dropped.Impact point was about 6".

Largo

Wait....anyone else notice the barrel follows the slight crook in the road?

That might be one of those new high-tech highway guns developed to keep collateral damage to a minimum. ;)

Image may contain: outdoor

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, please tell us. :D

About fifteen feet I wish that I could find the pictures but that was five moves ago. The maintenance guys had it back in service in two days and that included going from Virginia to Pennsylvania for parts

I might have read it here once, but apparently there was a grunt in Iraq who left his M4 propped across a curb, and a Humvee backed over it, bending it like a banana. Somebody got the idea to flip it over and run over it again to straighten it out. When it was turned in to the armorer it was a nice S-shape. :huh:

24 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I might have read it here once, but apparently there was a grunt in Iraq who left his M4 propped across a curb, and a Humvee backed over it, bending it like a banana. Somebody got the idea to flip it over and run over it again to straighten it out. When it was turned in to the armorer it was a nice S-shape. :huh:

Brings new meaning to "Stay Loose, Be Flexible". :lol:

Ever wonder what a 500 belt of all tracer rounds will do to a M-60 machine gun barrel on a continuous burst?

( I know );)

14 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Did you make it to the end of the belt? 

kept raising the gun till it was at a 35 degree angle and finally hit the end of the belt. Very noisy and took a while to put out the fire, er fires.:o

2 hours ago, Smoken D said:

kept raising the gun till it was at a 35 degree angle and finally hit the end of the belt. Very noisy and took a while to put out the fire, er fires.:o

Is that how you got your alias? :)

Seamus

Archived