SASS Wire Forum

CMA Awards

Utah Bob #35998

Whaaaatt? I tuned in for about 3 minutes. What the heck was that??? :blink::blink:

It has reached the point where Country Music is NEITHER!!!

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

That point was crossed quite a long time ago.

You'll get no argument from me on that point!!!

4 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

What happened? 

Comes on here in about ten minutes....  :unsure:

It’s weird. Just weird.

Not surprised.

I'm danged tickled that my son's taste in country music runs toward Hank (Senior!), Ray Price, George Jones, Patsy Cline...  heck, the kid's still in his 20's!  

1 minute ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Not surprised.

I'm danged tickled that my son's taste in country music runs toward Hank (Senior!), Ray Price, George Jones, Patsy Cline...  heck, the kid's still in his 20's!  

Proper raising , maybe. He has good taste.

Rex :D

23 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Proper raising , maybe. He has good taste.

Rex :D

Thankee!

I gave him his first guitar when he was twelve... the first thing he played was "I Walk The Line."  

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Never been a fan of Country Music, but this stuff they call “Country” today is all the same droning and blather with black plastic cowboy hats. 

Them hats ain’t plastic!! They were perfectly good straw hats before some idiot mangled ‘em up and then spray painted ‘em with cheap gloss black spray paint!!

Might as well put a turd on yer head!!

CMA's, Oscars, Golden Globe are all the same, a self-indulgent bunch of arrogant panderers using them as an excuse to bash Trump and conservatives. Yeah there are a few decent folk among them but by and large most ain't worth pi**ing on if they was on fire.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Never been a fan of Country Music, but this stuff they call “Country” today is all the same droning and blather with black plastic cowboy hats. 

Same here! Never been a fan of country music but this "new" stuff really sucks!!

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

CMA?  Is that an offshoot of NFL or NBA?

Nascar.  :mellow:

Unfortunately the corporate powers that be learned that so-called "country" music was more marketable to the masses when they let it turn into twangy pop music. And their sponsors decided that supporting conservative causes was no longer kosher, so now we're hearing these twits support gun control and other leftist drivel. And I'll bet none of them can actually ride a horse.

13 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately the corporate powers that be learned that so-called "country" music was more marketable to the masses when they let it turn into twangy pop music. And their sponsors decided that supporting conservative causes was no longer kosher, so now we're hearing these twits support gun control and other leftist drivel. And I'll bet none of them can actually ride a horse.

As apt a description as any I've seen.  Raised Eyebrow

Archived