Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rancho Roy

Open Top Gunsmith ????

Recommended Posts

I've got a set of Uberti opentop revolvers in 38spl that I want slicked up. Who is the "Go To Smith" for these firearms?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Mulo Vaquero

Ken Griner, Griner Gunworks

Bloomfield NM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Use to be ME.  I've retired.  I know that's no help but I couldn't help myself  :rolleyes:

 

Actually from what I've seen of YOUR work, were you to avail yourself of Larsen E. Pettifoggers tutorials, your DIY work would be as good as anyone currently available.  Just my take.

Edited by Colorado Coffinmaker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Martin in Kingman, AZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boomstick Jay does a good job on Open Tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks CC....I might just have a go of it myself. I shoot 1860 Kirst conversions but the cylinder stop notches keep wearing out after about 10,000 rounds. The notch is simply too shallow on the stop edge. I did all the work on these pistols and they are quite competitive. Just looking for something more durable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

Thanks CC....I might just have a go of it myself. I shoot 1860 Kirst conversions but the cylinder stop notches keep wearing out after about 10,000 rounds. The notch is simply too shallow on the stop edge. I did all the work on these pistols and they are quite competitive. Just looking for something more durable.

I don't need you to be any more competitive! Just kidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 7:43 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

Use to be ME.  I've retired.  I know that's no help but I couldn't help myself  :rolleyes:

 

Actually from what I've seen of YOUR work, were you to avail yourself of Larsen E. Pettifoggers tutorials, your DIY work would be as good as anyone currently available.  Just my take.

Maybe it is time to come out of retirement and get back to work....You have been in lock up to long...You need some fresh air....

 

Texas Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

PLUS ONE too Tame Bill.

 

NO WAY TL.  Absolutely not.  Reestablishing an FFL, BATFE Audits, Liability Insurance, Restocking Spare Parts, Inventory.  Nah.  I like being able to do what I want, when I want, the way I want, no deadlines.  Peaceful.  Just shoot matches with my Cap Guns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

 

 

NO WAY TL.  Absolutely not.  Reestablishing an FFL, BATFE Audits, Liability Insurance, Restocking Spare Parts, Inventory.  Nah.  I like being able to do what I want, when I want, the way I want, no deadlines.  Peaceful.  Just shoot matches with my Cap Guns.

That is what I kinda figured...But do enjoy shooting them cap guns....I am starting to...Now if I can finish a match with them....Have to keep trying...Don't want them to say they beat me down....Can't let them win....

 

Texas Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy more cap guns then if one lets you down just pick up another and keep going tell all the bugs are gone from you main set.  I like them so much I just keep buying and shooting.  It is nice to shoot a pair empty then replace with another loaded pair and keep going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Buy more cap guns then if one lets you down just pick up another and keep going tell all the bugs are gone from you main set.  I like them so much I just keep buying and shooting.  It is nice to shoot a pair empty then replace with another loaded pair and keep going.

I took 12 to WR and could not keep any working....So next I take more and work harder...Maybe a little practice at home would not hurt....

 

Texas Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.