SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Single Six .32 H&R Revolvers

Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423

3 Pair in our family. I shoot them, my daughter shoots them (won Comin At Cha '19 & Oklahoma State  '20 L. Frontier Cart. and my granddaughter shoots them (WR '19 1st in category & 5 various state category 1st. And if anyone fu-fu's .32's, ask them to hold some targets for ya !  We shoot 100 & 115 gr. @ 750-850 fps. They're muy fun & very reliable.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Another AWESOME video by an AWESOME GF.

Very well done.

..........Widder

Well, thank you kindly Widder!  Hope you’re healing up well my friend. 

22 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Very enjoyable! Makes me want one of them!

Thanks Deacon.  They are a fun little revolver.  

18 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

3 Pair in our family. I shoot them, my daughter shoots them (won Comin At Cha '19 & Oklahoma State  '20 L. Frontier Cart. and my granddaughter shoots them (WR '19 1st in category & 5 various state category 1st. And if anyone fu-fu's .32's, ask them to hold some targets for ya !  We shoot 100 & 115 gr. @ 750-850 fps. They're muy fun & very reliable.

That’s great!  Like I said, I believe that it allows folks that might not shoot other guns/calibers to get involved in our sport!  

On 9/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, Warden Callaway said:

There are other 32s out there.  But just as hard to get.

596a19d3b7415_CimarronLightningJuly2017.jpg.6974515bedefee8d20ec18c91f5fb7b9.jpg

I have a pair of Cimarron Lightning in 32HMR with extra 32WCF cylinders. I've have 32S&W loaded for it. It's surprising how much kick the little 32S&W generates in such a light gun.

Those are real nice Warden.  

Just think, if you lived here in Canada, you would find they are PROHIBITED, as are all .32s and .25s

Be glad you have the NRA working on your behalf and don't let them fight alone.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:03 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Just think, if you lived here in Canada, you would find they are PROHIBITED, as are all .32s and .25s

Be glad you have the NRA working on your behalf and don't let them fight alone.

Yeah, I heard that they blanket-outlawed all .32’s up there.  Ridiculous. 

The latest has been a prohibition on AR-15s and anything resembling them: over 1500 types.

I traded for one of these with the standard grip and it is a sweet shooter.  I am always looking for another but nothing yet.  Besides my next of kin took possession of it along with the ammo and holster and I do not think I will ever see it again.  They do not shoot CAS but carry it on horse back frequently.  I am OK with that.....

Well done  on the video also......

Jedi, unless I missed something, you had a P on the stage (started at 3:42) where you commented  "That was the hard way.  Let me show you all how I did it."

The instructions were:  Shoot each square target three times... shoot each circle target three times.  You then proceeded to shoot the first two squares twice each and the third square 6 times with the rifle, then the first two circles twice each and the third circle 6 times.

I think you need to apologize to Miss Harley, who shot it correctly, and looked good doing it.  :D

I enjoy your videos.  Just had to poke some fun at you.

Angus

16 hours ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

I asked him that exact question, he told me to check the comments section of the video where he said he misspoke while explaining. Was actually at least 2 on each.

OK, that makes sense.  I didn't see the comments.  I just got a big laugh out of the thought that he'd just told Miss Harley "Sit down honey and watch me.  I'm going to show you how to do this stage right."  And then he proceeded to shoot it wrong.  It sounds a lot like something I'd do.  I'm actually glad I didn't see that in the comments before I watched the video.  It's a lot funnier without knowing.

Jedi, thanks again for the, unintended, laugh.

Wait, wait wait!!  So did you tell Miss Harley the wrong way to shoot the stage?  She shot it the way you explained it.  You dirty dog, you.  Thanks for another laugh.  (I can see myself doing something like that, too.)  :lol:

Angus

20 hours ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

I asked him that exact question, he told me to check the comments section of the video where he said he misspoke while explaining. Was actually at least 2 on each.

Thanks for covering for me while I was gone Verdigris. I was up hiking on Mt. Rainer yesterday so I didn’t get on to check this thread. 

3 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

OK, that makes sense.  I didn't see the comments.  I just got a big laugh out of the thought that he'd just told Miss Harley "Sit down honey and watch me.  I'm going to show you how to do this stage right."  And then he proceeded to shoot it wrong.  It sounds a lot like something I'd do.  I'm actually glad I didn't see that in the comments before I watched the video.  It's a lot funnier without knowing.

Jedi, thanks again for the, unintended, laugh.

Wait, wait wait!!  So did you tell Miss Harley the wrong way to shoot the stage?  She shot it the way you explained it.  You dirty dog, you.  Thanks for another laugh.  (I can see myself doing something like that, too.)  :lol:

Angus

Not that either Angus :P  My comment when I said that Miss Harley had “done it the hard way” was in regards to the fact that she put the last six shots on the farthest of the revolver targets. :D If it was “at least two on each” wouldn’t ya be faster and more accurate to shoot the closest target the most times?  And in here defense she had intended to do it that way but, well, when the timer went off those plans didn’t come to fruition. 

For clarification we both shot it correctly according to the stage instructions. Just not correctly to the way I explained it on the video... I guess I’ll have to take a “Hosting Procedural” for that one.  Knock 10-seconds off my next episode. ;)

21 hours ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

Not that either Angus :P  My comment when I said that Miss Harley had “done it the hard way” was in regards to the fact that she put the last six shots on the farthest of the revolver targets. :D If it was “at least two on each” wouldn’t ya be faster and more accurate to shoot the closest target the most times?  And in here defense she had intended to do it that way but, well, when the timer went off those plans didn’t come to fruition. 

For clarification we both shot it correctly according to the stage instructions. Just not correctly to the way I explained it on the video... I guess I’ll have to take a “Hosting Procedural” for that one.  Knock 10-seconds off my next episode. ;)

I thought she had shot the targets 3-3-4 and not 2-2-6 thereby shooting the stage as per your spoken instructions.  After re-watching the video I'm not positive that's what she did.

I agree that either way would have been correct as per the actual stage instructions.  I also agree with you that it should be easier to shoot the farthest targets with two shots and the closest with six.

But, I maintain that my misunderstanding of the video was much funnier than the truth of it.  :P  Therefore I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Angus

WOW!!!   Just saw what looked like and unfired in the box John Wayne "Duke" limited run Ruger s/s bird's head grip .32 at High Country Guns and Knives in Prescott, Az.  Don't remember the price, but it was beautiful.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, Black Angus McPherson said:

I thought she had shot the targets 3-3-4 and not 2-2-6 thereby shooting the stage as per your spoken instructions.  After re-watching the video I'm not positive that's what she did.

I agree that either way would have been correct as per the actual stage instructions.  I also agree with you that it should be easier to shoot the farthest targets with two shots and the closest with six.

But, I maintain that my misunderstanding of the video was much funnier than the truth of it.  :P  Therefore I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Angus

It would have been funnier if it had be like that :D  “I’ll show her” and then get a procedural.  :lol:

Chut Chut Jed I !!!

On a side note mebbe some of you might remember my Ol' Pard Wild Root. He was World Champeen GFer in his age range back in the day

shootin' them .32s.

N' if you remember my wife's pistols I would shoot with you down here were Lightnings but in.38s.

Hope yer all doin' well up there, Dammit!!!

JUD

On 10/6/2020 at 10:03 PM, Jack Rojas said:

Chut Chut Jed I !!!

On a side note mebbe some of you might remember my Ol' Pard Wild Root. He was World Champeen GFer in his age range back in the day

shootin' them .32s.

N' if you remember my wife's pistols I would shoot with you down here were Lightnings but in.38s.

Hope yer all doin' well up there, Dammit!!!

JUD

I’m doing well Jack.  Good to hear from you pard.  

Archived