SASS Wire Forum

Life on Venus?

Rye Miles #13621

I was watching the science channel today. Seems NASA sent a probe to Mars

to find out what happened to make it so dry. The came up with the idea that 300 million 

years ago (300,000,000) alien life fought a nuclear war. They found residue of nuclear reaction

in the soil. The figure the fired missals that were detonated in the air of some magnatude

that it would have caused the the water to evaporate and then it was lights out for the critters. 

Wow, 300 million years. That is a lot of quarentine time. 

2 hours ago, Waymore Loco said:

Never been there but they have good candy bars. 

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

But do they have good bars?

2 hours ago, Waymore Loco said:

That is a good question. 

...... good grief .........   :wacko:

I have personally encountered life in many different Venues. Quite often very pretty life. Of course there were also Disco Ducks and Travolta wannabes, but the other life in Venues was quite alluring and interesting to study. Eventually though Venues changed and the life wasn’t as sexy and alluring. I tried different Venues but the ambiance and atmosphere just didn’t work for me. 
I went to Venues where the life there donned funny hats and they all moved in a synchronous line. 
I went to Venues where the life just sat around all mopey like and there was this strange sounding continuous drone of depressing, well, I think it was music. It was dark there too. 
Yes, I have been to lots of Venues and studied the life there. I used to collect some of this life, but only certain types. I liked the prettier, softer less volatile life forms. They were more fun. 

The study of Venues used to be fun but I no longer have the ability or inclination to do that anymore. 

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... good grief .........   :wacko:

Sorry, I was thinking of Mars. Venus is the one with fly traps. 

Venus could be inhabited by all women according to the book Men are from Mars Women are from Venus!

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Venus could be inhabited by all women according to the book Men are from Mars Women are from Venus!

If that it true maybe the men from Mars lure in the women from Venus with the candy bars. The Venus fly trap must be the defense system. 

I'm still trying to find intelligent life here on Earth.

6 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

I'm still trying to find intelligent life here on Earth.

There is some and they're usually at cowboy shoots!;)

I was watching an astro-physicist, the other night on t.v... 

He stated that if any microbes are found on Mars, for example, that a simple DNA test will confirm they came from Earth, as a result of a comet, or asteroid, or meteor strike, that will cause some Earth matter to be hurled into space, and eventually landing on the other planets in our solar system.  He said we have discovered samples of other planet's material on Earth, as a result of such things happening on other planets. 

He said if discovered, there will be an initial burst of publicity that life has been discovered elsewhere, but...after the test is done on the samples, provided they can do the testing from the probes, we have landed there, or whether they are somehow able to bring samples back, the DNA test will show they are from Earth. Very interesting interview.

Howdy,

Intelligent life?

All life forms seem to be intelligent enuf to reproduce.

However have you seen the Judge Judy show?

Life forms that dont understand they have to pay for stuff.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If that were true then Venus would be freezing cold, judging by my ex-wife... :wacko:

But maybe it's chock full of hotties... :wub:

Seriously though, Venus has this little problem where it's so hot that the few probes sent to its surface only lasted a couple of hours before they literally melted.

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Looks like we burned the place down before we left. 

I have been told that the problem with Venus is that the atmosphere is too rich in carbon dioxide.  We could do something that would break that down into carbon and oxygen. It the theory is that the carbon would fall to the planet’s surface in a fine molecular dust, and the atmosphere would become very rich in oxygen. Eventually a spark would set of a conflagration that would recreate a carbon dioxide atmosphere.

Archived