SASS Wire Forum

USPS insurance claim

Three Foot Johnson

I've heard these things are a nightmare to ever get anything done -

I won a wall clock on eBay and the face was cracked when it arrived. I went online, uploaded a couple pics of the damage and filed the claim on September 3rd, and an insurance check was sent out to me on September 8th.  :blink:

42 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I've been waiting for weeks for a package.  I can't get a clear answer when or if I can file for reimbursement.  Still in transit.

Missing stuff is worse than damaged stuff!

I am still waiting claim results from a problem I had in 1989.

:(

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

I've been waiting for weeks for a package.  I can't get a clear answer when or if I can file for reimbursement.  Still in transit.

File the claim.

I had some shot "disappear" in the pipeline, officially "in transit" but never arrives anywhere.

I filed a claim, the vendor also filed a claim. Claim approved (vendor paid for the loss). Replacement shot shipped. Replacement shot delivered. More days go by and original order of shot delivered too.

My experience with all of the shippers and insurance claims is"good luck with that."  have had problems with both UPS and USPS.  Never been reimbursed.

Check the USPS website. You may have to dig a bit. If the package is missing, file the claim asap. Some time limits apply. The last claim I filed showed the package in transit from OKC to FL. Tue day after I Filed the claim, it left OKC for the second time and arrived two days later.

Bought a one of a kind item (statuette)  several years back that had a thick round crystal as a part.  When we received it the crystal was broken.  No reimbursement of any kind from USPS unless we gave up the item.  Well, crud!  It's not like we could just order another one so we kept it.  Super glue holds it together now, but it's nowhere near as nice as it was before it got broken.  The big crack thru the crystal really hurts.  The darn thing was expensive.  I just couldn't give it up thinking that some USPS rat was going to get it for free if I turned it in for the insurance.

Thanks for bringing up bad memories.  :( :unsure:

Angus

The media says USPS is slow due to cuts by the administration. The media needs drug testing...and IQ testing...they also need some cognitive and memory loss testing as well. 

24 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The media says USPS is slow due to cuts by the administration. The media needs drug testing...and IQ testing...they also need some cognitive and memory loss testing as well. 

The story we get at the local office is that the pulled out all the local sorting to the big regional facilities and now those places are under staffed due to the virus.  Said it just stacks up and doesn't get done.  

I told this earlier this year.   Sawmill Mary ordered some yarn.  It came out of Ohio.   It was a month late.  She kept checking with the company in Washington state and they kept telling her it was in transit.   Finally she got a lady who was working from home to cancel her order and refund her credit card.   A couple of days later, the yarn shows up!  She got back with the yarn company and asked for a return shipping label.   They negotiated a price break and she kept it. Turns our a whole trailer load of mail was parked at an Indiana post office depot for a month. 

Archived