SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch rifles

Silver Dollar Drifter

WB SHB Pg 9

RIFLE REQUIREMENTS

Rifles or carbines used in the main and team matches must be original or replicas of lever or slide action rifles manufactured during the period from approximately 1860 until 1899, incorporating a tubular magazine and exposed hammer. Rifles with box magazines may not be used. Rifle must be chambered in a pistol caliber of .40" or larger.

Your 92 is WB legal.

Any SASS legal main match rifle is legal for WB as long as it is at least .40 or larger caliber

1 hour ago, Silver Dollar Drifter said:

Thank you.  Just the mention of '73 and '66 made me question a change.  I suggest an improved re-right in the next revision.  I have been shooting SASS for some time, but it has been a long time since I checked the wire.  Thanks again.

I'm confused by your statement.  The first paragraph on page 9 in latest WB SHB, Rifle Requirements, is what Sedalia Dave is quoting.  The date range given makes it inclusive of all rifles that meet the stated mechanical and caliber specifications.  Where are you finding a mention of '73 and '66 that led to your question?

Ozark Shark, on page 10, under lever action rifles the hand book states a '73 and '66 can be exchanged.  We all have our favorites but only those two listed it would seem they are the only ones allowed.  The model '92 is a  lever action rifle as well.  I question why the '73 and '66 are singled out.

21 minutes ago, Silver Dollar Drifter said:

Ozark Shark, on page 10, under lever action rifles the hand book states a '73 and '66 can be exchanged.  We all have our favorites but only those two listed it would seem they are the only ones allowed.  The model '92 is a  lever action rifle as well.  I question why the '73 and '66 are singled out.

From pg 10 WB SHB

LEVERS

The exchange of an 1873 rifle lever with an 1866 rifle lever is allowed. 

Archived