SASS Wire Forum

I told him and the coach didn't listen

Trigger Mike

I mentioned before that I repeatedly told the coach that if he didn't change the way he was doing things he was going to get the whole team sent home on quarantine.   The health professionals rule here is if one student gets sick but everyone else is wearing a mask only the sick child goes home.  The head master drilled that rule in at the beginning. 

I would offer to help buy an outdoor weight lifting equipment or other things needed to help them train but stay apart.   He never took me up on it.

Yesterday they sent my oldest son home early from football practice as some other players tested positive.   Then they quarantined the entire team because "they were close together without mask".  At the start of the first game Friday they even had one throwing up claiming food poisoning,  that boy played the entire game and the coach left 3 players on the sidelines most of the 46 to 6 loss.  He doesn't seem to get it.  He has them bunch up tight for meetings throughout practice and the game.  

To make things worse, my son just got out of quarantine because he had the virus but since he is on the team they want him to quarantine again even though the doctor said he has immunity for 3 months.   We are trying to get a doctors note so he can stay in school. 

It wouldn't upset me as much if I hadn't repeatedly told the coach what would happen if he didn't make adjustments. 

Sounds like every high school coach I've ever known.

Just because he is immune doesn't mean others around him are. He will probably have to wear a mask.

I looked up this 90 day immunity and  TM is correct. That's the first time I have heard this.

Thanks Trigger Mike. Good to know.

Here are some links regarding this: (of course there are nay sayers trying to justify their  existence)

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/07/22/COVID-19-immunity-might-fade-after-90-days-study-finds/6211595423637/

https://www.popsci.com/story/health/covid-immunity-how-long/

He still wears a mask because they can't afford liability and declare outright he is immune in case 1 put of a million gets sick but there are also more studies the immunity may be greater than 4 months but in an era of abundance of caution they limit it to no quarantine within 90 days if around a sick person. 

My son found out that the kid vomiting before the game was the one positive for the virus.   The kid claimed his dr told him he had food poisoning so he played the entire game and now our team.and the other team also has quarantined, according to a coach.  

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

How many here have ever "told" the coach something and they listened. Sideline coaches, parents, aren't usually appreciated.

Ike

I know that to be true, but it seems to me if I offer to help make things so you don't lose the team to quarantine, then you would think they would be interested.  When he turned down my offer for additional shelter for weight equipment I even offered to buy a freezer for the concession stand to be able to sell ice cream (game time temp here is often 90 degrees).  He never even texted back.  He gives times for them to be there and we get them there on time, then he keeps them 20 minutes or more later than the time he tells us to pick them up.  He tells me if my sons miss a practice they will sit out a quarter, i make the point to get them there and one played the last 7 minutes(when they were ahead by 30 points)  and the other played 4 plays when they were behind by 40 points since the second quarter and let a covid positive kid  with vomiting symptoms play the entire game.  .  

6 hours ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

Go to the school board. Have a time line when things was happening.

23 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

It sounds like he has an issue with you and is taking it out on your kids!

If what Ike thinks is the situation, following Al's instructions will probably help your case.

Archived