SASS Wire Forum

Gonna Leave Two Marks.

Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Or way up the grip behind the slide....

I don't see people doing that with their firing hand, but the "Charlie's Angles" hold with the support hand and thumb wrapped around the firing-hand wrist is sure popular with newbies. And yeah, they learn soon enough that's not a good idea. I learned that myself when I was 10yo and firing my dad's Ruger .22, and I still have a faint scar on my knuckle to this day.

I only crossed my left thumb over my right thumb when firing a 1911 once. I am looking at the scar right now. ;)

A few years ago I made  friends with a guy that was an "Army Sniper and Military Police"  in Bosnia  back in the 90's. :wacko:

I took him shooting. He crossed his left thumb over his right when starting to fire my Glock. I  stopped him and reminded him what and autoloader will do if held that way when firing.

He said "Oh yeah"  then did it anyway. Good thing I had my first-aid kit.

He then decided he wanted to shoot one  of  my AR-15s. He didn't know much about about it. :blink:

He had  a hard time comprehending why the raised sights made a difference at short ranges as well as bullet drop vs distance.

I got him to admit that he  was an Army Cook. Not a Sniper or an MP.

That day was the last time we spoke.

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That mistake only happens once. 

You would think that, but, no.  I tried to teach a guy to shoot and warned him about the potential problem before he fired a shot.  He did it anyway.  "I warned you not to do that.  Hurts, don't it?"  The next magazine he did the same thing.   He was a slow learner.  Proof that stupid CAN hurt you.

Angus

.458 Win Mag

"Trust me. All the best shooters are going to this one!"

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:33 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

.458 Win Mag

"Trust me. All the best shooters are going to this one!"

Anyone ever tell you that you have a mean streak?

I like that in a pard!!  :):):)

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

On 9/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Waymore Loco said:

I saw a guy get a box of ammo and go ask which gun would fit it. 

Toward the beginning of the pandemic, about the time the rush started, I had that happen quite often at the store I work at. People would find boxes of 10mm or .357Sig and ask if we had guns in those calibers. 

Archived