SASS Wire Forum

Hotels during Covid

Rye Miles #13621

I stay in a hotel room for a few 3 day shoots that I go to. I like Comfort Inns, they're a little more expensive but it's worth it.

This weekend I got a room for one night. In the morning the room where you usually get breakfast was closed. They had breakfast items behind the front desk with a menu taped up on the barrier. You told them what you wanted and they would slide it to you under the plastic window. The "menu" consisted of Muffins, doughnuts, yogurt, and coffee! Bad coffee!!! No cooked food at all. No bagels or English muffins or bread to toast!

Ugh...........I went across the street to Mickey D's and got an Egg McMuffin, hash browns and a good cup of coffee! Thank God for Mickey D's!!

I have a feeling that even after CoVid is no longer a major  threat that lots of businesses will carry on these types of things because it will be a good way to save money while they "Protect our customers...We're looking out for you!" Grrrrrrr :angry:

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have a feeling that even after CoVid is no longer a major  threat that lots of businesses will carry on these types of things because it will be a good way to save money while they "Protect our customers...We're looking out for you!" Grrrrrrr :angry:

You're correct Pat, the girl at the desk and I had a nice conversation about that exact thing. She thought that the breakfast was never gonna be the same.:o

We stayed at a Holiday Inn last week, they had just started the breakfast again. A lady took your marked menu and put everything in a styrofoam carry out plate for you. At least they did have scrambled eggs and either bacon or sausage depending on the day.

Stopped at a Wendys @ 0800 for a Baconator breakfast sandwich on the way to the local match. Had one about a week ago.....pretty damn good for fast food. Found out that Wendys doesn't open until 0900. Who the hell came up with having a breakfast offering and opens at 0900.:wacko:

45 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Similar to when  McD stopped serving “tomatoes” do to salmonella.  

Archived