SASS Wire Forum

WTB, Bushnell Holosight

Just won a new 10/22 at Southwest Showdown so interested in sight for it.  I have had good luck with the now discontinued Bushnell Holosight so thought someone might have one they would be interested in selling.  I run a first gen on 6" FA 454 and second gun on FA 7.5" 357.  The first gen is probably the least popular but I like it so if someone out there has one they don't want please PM me.  I would consider second gen if price is right and either guaranteed to be functional.

Thanks for reading.

bb 

Found this on another site. I have no idea about the validity of this statement. But with you insider friends maybe you could confirm?

"Eotech makes the holosight for Bushnell.  It's basically an Eotech without the armored hood and gen1 electronics; it also isn't as water resistant as the Eotech.  I have a Holosight XLP and it works fine, although battery life is not the same as my Eotech 512.  If you're not going to be banging your rifle around, the Bushnell is perfectly serviceable."

Thanks Goody.  I thought the Eotech looked mighty similar and suspected the same.  I don't think Bushnell's HS was rear popular but back in those day when I was writing and "in" with some folks in the industry I was fortunate to test some items.  One that seemed to prevail in sights for me was the first gen Bush Holosight, second gen I questioned on a time or two.  Maybe my first gen was just one that was better than others but you got to admit riding on top of a 6" 454 is definitely taking some "banging around" zipping out 256 grainers at 1850fps.  I'll look more into the Eotech.  While the 10/22 does not dish out recoil, I do like to know the sight will take the abuse I might put to it in the field or banging around in the side x side.

Archived