SASS Wire Forum

Norinco Model 1897 12 GA pump Collector Edition for sale in Phoenix, Arizona

Cholla

This is not mine. I saw it while looking for something else. It sounds like a good deal at $450.

https://phoenix-az.americanlisted.com/85051/sport/norinco-model-1897-12-ga-pump-collector-edition_29015777.html

I found a couple that met my needs and while some are listed for that(and more), they just don't seem collectible and still trade hands for less.  Maybe in another 20 years?  I mean, unless you're using it for Wild Bunch, it's just a safe queen/plinker made in China....

Oulaw Gambler at Classic Old West Arms seems to be the resident expert. Ask him. He advertises these on his website and here in the merchant corner.

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

What's an 09 series? 

And the add seems confused on the whole 93 or 97 issue. Is there a difference on Norincos?

09 was built to tighter QC standards with higher grade wood.

I bough Outlaw Gambler's #412 on his site a few yrs ago and it runs great.

No, mine ain't for sale.....

OLG 

IF it is an 09 series it will/should/was the best series that came out of China. Coyote Cap had finally got the Chinese to listen and understand how important the tolerances were to the manufacturing process and quality control. The pictures do not show the ejection port so I will assume, based on the poor description in the ad, that it is a 93/97 model. It was made by Norinco but will be stamped IAC alone or Norinco and IAC.  IAC is Interstate Arms Corp out of Billerica, MA. As a general rule any of the models of the 97 stamped IAC will be the best overall 97 that came out of China. 

Archived