SASS Wire Forum

McMessup

Chili Ron

Howdy,

It was getting late and I was getting hungry.

I didnt feel like cooking and plueeze no more heated leftovers.

So......on comes an ad for the BIG MAC.

Wow they sure take a great pic of that.

So I hop in the horseless carriage and head to my local McD.

No line. Great.

Order Big mac no pickle and NO onions and fries no salt.

I pay...it was HOW MUCH....and I drive forward and they had me a bag.

I drive home and open the bag.....fries no salt great.

And a double cheeze burger with tons of ketchup and onions.

Im hungry so I scrape off the onions and eat.

Too bad we cant see that the food we GET doesnt match the commercials.

Best

CR

They ***** you at the drive thru

They *****you at the drive thru.....Lethal Weapon....

Something I learned long ago. When I buy anything at a store, before I leave the store I pull my buggy over and go down the receipt item by item. I put my stuff on the conveyor belt all like items together, so it's easy to see where I have got nine cans of canned corn. And if they charged me for something I did not get, or if they charged me more then it's supposed to be, I immediately head over customer service and get it taken care of. It's annoying when you get home and find out they screwed up. Is it worth the dollar and a half they overcharged you to drive back to the store? Normally not. So I find the mistakes before I leave.

Same thing with the drive-thru. I don't just take the sack and drive away. I open the sack and look  and make sure that everything I ordered is in there, and that nothing I did not order is in there.

I've almost given up on McD.  I love Big Macs.  Because of the calorie load, they are a few and far between treat.  The last 2 were worthless.  They cook the patties and leave them in the warm up table for too long.  They are grey and tasteless.  Then someone who doesn't care much tosses the stuff on them and slams it it the container.  When you open it, all the stuff is falling out, the patties are way off center, and it just get's worse as you try to eat it.  The taste just isn't there anymore.

It seems every fast food restaurant these days cannot get orders right. My beloved Carl's Junior is no a "No-Go" for me. I refuse to give them any of my money because they have people there that just do not care.

The really sad thing is yesterday my wife and I went for a ride in my convertible down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). Toward the end of our drive we decided to go to In-N-Out Burger for a late  lunch.

The screwed up the order. No biggie. They said they would remake it.  They did and they screwed it up again. To add  to this silliness they gave us the same fries  that they gave us the first time only now they were cold. I didn't bother  with trying to get the order "fixed"" again. 

1 hour ago, Null N. Void said:

I've almost given up on McD.  I love Big Macs.  Because of the calorie load, they are a few and far between treat.  The last 2 were worthless.  They cook the patties and leave them in the warm up table for too long.  They are grey and tasteless.  Then someone who doesn't care much tosses the stuff on them and slams it it the container.  When you open it, all the stuff is falling out, the patties are way off center, and it just get's worse as you try to eat it.  The taste just isn't there anymore.

I gave up on them way back when some jackass shot up aMcDonalds in souther California and the old bat who oned the entire company (wife of the founder) went on an anti-gun rampage.

Haven't set foot in one since and that must have been near forty years ago.

Also, I stopped using drive throughs.  I go in, order the meal and check the order when they bring it and before I leave.  Too often I've been given something I didn't want or haven't been given something I did.  That's true of The king, Arby's, Wendy's, and nearly every other food dump in the country.

BTW, if you raise enough of a fuss you might get a free meal.....but down bet the rent on it.

The worst I’ve ever had at Mickey Ds was cold fries ONCE! I have no complaints about Mickeys

Mrs. Doc picked up our daughter from band camp one evening and the daughter talked her into going through a Burger King drive through on the way home. Wife pulls up to the speaker and a young voice says, "Hi! Welcome to Burger King what the f&*k do you want?" My daughter verified the wife simply replied, "What the f&%k I want is to talk to your manager!" Order was free, everything super sized and many many apologies. My daughter was still laughing when they got home. Mrs. Doc was not amused and she still gets mad about it to this day. 

Many years ago we'd make the round-trip drive between the Bay Area and the Central Valley two or three times a month.

Now, I'm gonna be kinds specific here:  on the westbound portion of the return trip, we would always go through the drive-through at the McDonalds in Los Banos, on the south side of Highway 33.  We would always place our order, then the window kid would instruct us to drive to a waiting spot and "we'll bring your order to you."

I'd park and wait, and someone would eventually bring it out, and we'd be off.  In a hurry, don'tcha know.  And every time, we'd be a few miles down the road and discover that the order was messed up.  Something wrong, something missing, wrong size... whatever.

So one day, I placed my order and the Window Kid said "Just park over there and we'll bring your order to you."

Not this time!

"Oh, that's okay.  I'll just wait here for it."

Window Kid was stunned.

"Oh, no...!  You have to park over there and we'll bring it to you!"

"No I don't.  I'll just wait here for it."

Now totally shocked, Window Kid sez "But... but... but other people are behind you waiting to order too!"

"Well, then they can just wait - they'd have to wait anyway, since they can't get their orders 'til after I get mine.  Besides, every time I park and wait, y'all screw up my order.  EVERY TIME... so I'll just wait here."

Window Kid stuck her head out the window and looked behind me, then in an alarmed voice blurted "But that's my BOSS behind you!!"

"Well, then your boss can wait just like the rest of us."

Panicked, She popped back inside... and returned in less than thirty seconds with my order.  And for the first time in months it was correct!   ^_^

At grocery stores there were a lot of mistakes at first when the scanners were incorporated. Now they're pretty good. The most mistakes I find are buying produce. I'll buy bulk beets at 89 to 99 cents per pound and they'll ring it up  at a per bunch price. Half the time they don't even know what a beet is.

I use to be fan of McDonalds Fries.  No more.  I/we only go to two burger joints around here.  "Burghatory" in Pittsburgh and 5 Guys.  Neither has ever screwed up an order, it's always hot and fresh and killer fries.  5 Guys gives you enough fries to take home for tomorrow too.  Yum Yum 

"....They ***** you at the drive thru

They *****you at the drive thru.....Lethal Weapon........"

i thought that was the phone company - so nothings changed in all these years , every time i go thru the 'drive thru' i get that 

11 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They are still anti-gun as far as I know.

They're ALL antigun!

Archived