SASS Wire Forum

My first match in a year and I'm exhausted!

Cholla

Between moving, family passing away, and health issues I finally got back in the saddle. The Whiskey Row Gunslingers had their match over between Cottonwood and Sedona at the Arizona Yavapai Rangers location. It was hot and I was dressed full classic cowboy so I'm a little worn out.

Next week I plan to attend the new club match in Chino Valley, which is 90 minutes closer to me. Hopefully the weather will be cooler.

Glad to meet you today. When WRG has their match at their home range, it is much closer!

(I had to take some advil, put a cold rag on my forehead and sit down in the patio with my feet up after I got home! Of course, that was after I had to take the dogs for a walk.):rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Glad to meet you today. When WRG has their match at their home range, it is much closer!

(I had to take some advil, put a cold rag on my forehead and sit down in the patio with my feet up after I got home! Of course, that was after I had to take the dogs for a walk.):rolleyes:

I unloaded the truck, chugged two bottles of water, sat around long enough to get the itch to look for rattlesnakes. We didn't see anything.

It was good shooting with you yesterday.

I was rather exhausted after the match yesterday too.

I thought it pretty cool that the two clubs got together to put on a match for all of us to shoot.

I shot match #38 for the year yesterday, Wild Bunch, and I'll get another five in before the *official season* is over and the snow starts flying.  :)

I've got a semi load of 16-20 tons of seasoned Douglas Fir headed to me right now - should be here in about 30 minutes. Winter... :(

20 hours ago, Cholla said:

Between moving, family passing away, and health issues I finally got back in the saddle. The Whiskey Row Gunslingers had their match over between Cottonwood and Sedona at the Arizona Yavapai Rangers location. It was hot and I was dressed full classic cowboy so I'm a little worn out.

Next week I plan to attend the new club match in Chino Valley, which is 90 minutes closer to me. Hopefully the weather will be cooler.

Well welcome back pilgrim. It's just like us also just getting back into it. The hot weather, my COPD  & what ever, but sure do miss it all. Friends especially. I think the Corona Virus also hasn't really helped all of us.

Any way glad your back, take care & God bless.

9 hours ago, Navy Davey said:

Snow what is this thing you talk about.

this is thew thing northerners deal with after you southerners quit dealing with humidity and heat , but then if we all could equally distribute the three to all parts of the country none of us would have anything to complain about would we ? 

4 minutes ago, watab kid said:

this is thew thing northerners deal with after you southerners quit dealing with humidity and heat , but then if we all could equally distribute the three to all parts of the country none of us would have anything to complain about would we ? 

I'm sure there's a dead horse to beat on somewhere around here; so I'll take some of that snow now...

Archived