SASS Wire Forum

Professional sports honor BLM

Raylan

Seems like a lot of the NFL players played too much football without a helmet.

Everybody's life matters.  It always has, it always will.  To anyone with a working mind, there has never been any question about that.

To put a color, or a specific group, before "lives matter", is sigling that one group out as more important. Would that not be considered "racist"??

You simply can't have it both ways.

I think we all understand what they are trying to communicate, and why. But the method of that communication can be very incorrect...as it seems to be. 

As I have said before, I was approached by a lady outside of the local, yokel, chain grocery store, who accused me of being a racist. I presume because

I was wearing a cowboy hat, and boots, and a Colt belt buckle. She did not know me from Adam.

She stated (not asked) that I didn't believe that black lives matter.

I simply looked at her, and said...do you believe that unborn black lives matter? 

I said this because a very large percentage of black babies are aborted each year, like as not, more than any of the other people groups. 

Well that statement, I made to her, stopped her in her liberal tracks. 

She just stood there, not knowing how to respond to that, and I just waked on in to the petri dish of the grocery store, to either catch the virus, or buy some groceries...or both.

W.K.

we no longer allow professional sports on the TV at the gunclub i work part time at , its not been in my house in quite some time , i can do without these over paid idiots making political statements - just play the game or ill turn you off 

Man rapes woman.

Rapist is shot and killed in encounter with police.

Man/rapist is black.

NFL honors man/rapist by displaying his name on uniform.

Woman gets to see her rapist honored by NFL and BLM.

Sick.

Just sick.

3 minutes ago, Waymore Loco said:

Hockey is more fun to watch than Nascar or Football anyway. 

The local TV Guide said the Stanley Cup Playoffs was on this afternoon.  The on-screen Roku guide said the Stanley Cup Playoffs was on this afternoon.  I tuned in... and it was a 49'ers game.

*Click*

Off to putter about the garage.

13 minutes ago, Waymore Loco said:

That's screwed up! 

'Specially since the Forty Ninnies were already on two other channels.   :angry:

Really hard for me to boycott something I haven't paid attention to in 5 years.

Once upon a time I followed most of the pro sports. NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB. First choice was the NFL. Started watching the Denver Broncos in 1973, stuck with them through a lot of bad teams, coaches and players, saw them win a few Super Bowls and break my heart in a few as well. Could tell you the roster from memory, knew the starters by heart and could give you more trivia than was probably necessary. In the fall of 2016 came to the conclusion (when they forced me to notice) that they were just a bunch of (wealthy) low life thugs who supported other (sometimes wealthy sometimes not) low life thugs who were participating in low life thuggery, and making no bones about their disrespect for their fans and this country. Had to call it quits. Funny thing is I had never really noticed that there were a ton of more interesting things to do on a Sunday afternoon, Monday night and Thursday evening before. Much more relaxed and happy now that they are out of my house and my life. Couldn't tell you one player on the roster today and really don't care.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

6 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Really hard for me to boycott something I haven't paid attention to in 5 years.

I guess I am way ahead of this. I have never paid them any attention. ;)

My wife loves her Steelers. I like buying her Steelers things, like; tee shirts, hats, knick-knacks, shoes, etc. Many years ago I stopped buying anything for her that was sanctioned, merchandised or labeled with “NFL”. 
I recently told her I would no longer buy anything Steelers related, regardless of NFL merchandising or not. 

When I was a youngster  in the 50's and 60's, the common line was that sports were a great tool for teaching kids about following the rules, playing fair and being part of a team.  Back then, it was true.  Then along came a whole generation of players, coaches and owners devoted to using sports to make as much money as possible, and to indulge themselves no matter how deleterious the effect on the game or the kids watching them. Greed and lack of personal integrity have ruined pro sports, and threatens college and amateur sports as well.  There are very few pro players that I would recognize as "role models".  So, what is the point of watching?  If all I want is a goon squad, I can watch the nightly news.  Take your kids to the outdoors and teach skills like we learned as Scouts (another childhood activity corrupted and lost).  

LL 

Proud be be NFL free since 2016.

Nike recently launched a new ad campaign with Kapernick's face on a poster. The slogan was, " Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything."

Well, Kapernick sacrificed nothing. The shoe store ownert that went out of business because he stopped selling Nike shoe lost everything. That's a man that should be honored. I'll never buy Nike again.

The fans at the KC game boo'ed the players for their little protest. I say shame on the fans for going to the game. Let them play in empty stadiums and with no one watching on TV.

Wait I just had a change of heart. I would buy a Nike shirt if it said, "Proud to be NFL free since 2016"

As Dandy Don, used to sing, at the conclusion of Monday Night Football, when it actually was exciting to watch...

"Turn out the lights, the party's over.  They say that all, good things must end. Call it a night, the party's over,

And tomorrow will be the same old thing again."

I'm done watching not sports, but watching other people disrespecting the flag, and the anthem.

I wanted to watch a football game, not a political statement. They can do all that either in the off-season, or after the game, on their own time.

Since they don't seem to want to do that, then I will cease watching, and supporting them. Sunday after church is a great time to head to the cow pasture, and practice target shooting the cow patty's in the pasture.  Now that the weather is down below 100 degrees, it is a great time to bring out the

muzzleloader, and make some smoke. Life after "football" is grand! 

Silly me...and here I thought all his time they got paid to play a game. 

And all the time it was getting paid to show everyone how spoiled rich they are, as they purchase mansions, gold chains, luxury cars, getting arrested, and now...showing their disrespect.

Our culture will really be changed when highway signs show how many National Merit scholars graduated from the town, rather than winning some state championship twenty years ago.

5 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Our culture will really be changed when highway signs show how many National Merit scholars graduated from the town, rather than winning some state championship twenty years ago.

Some high schools have started staging “signing days” for students who earned academic scholarships. 

NFL free for 6 years

NBA free for 16 years

NASCAR free forever

Still watch a little MLB......

Archived