SASS Wire Forum

The Huginkiss sisters

Alpo

Weren't there three of them?

I was sitting here trying to remember Fannie Kickinshoot's daughter's name. I remembered Aneeda, but could not remember the last name (I think it was Bullseye).

But with the name Aneeda in my forebrain, the Huginkiss sisters popped up. Seems like there was Anita Huginkiss and Amanda Huginkiss, and I'm pretty sure there was a third sister but I cannot for the life of me remember her name.

Anybody?

Wandering the streets in D.C. a few years ago I found an antIque store in an old building that had a fainted painted sign on the side saying, “Uneeda Biscuit.”

Last time I saw Rocky (her Daddy was Stoney Meadows and her young'un was Boulder Meadows, iffin my rememberer is working correctly), she was giving haircuts for the SASS scholarship at Mule Camp in Gainesville in (I think) '04.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I was sitting here trying to remember Fannie Kickinshoot's daughter's name. I remembered Aneeda, but could not remember the last name (I think it was Bullseye).

But with the name Aneeda in my forebrain, the Huginkiss sisters popped up. Seems like there was Anita Huginkiss and Amanda Huginkiss, and I'm pretty sure there was a third sister but I cannot for the life of me remember her name.

Anybody?

Fannie became really active on FB, so they dropped their blog site.  You might want to check there.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Anybody?

Helda

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Rocky2.jpg

She just keeps getting getting better.She’s on Facebook

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

As long as we are strolling down memory lane, remember Suzie Silknicker?

What a tragedy. She was such a kick with her post. 

Very much a tragedy.  I remember hearing about the incident on the radio that morning while shaving... then when I got to work and logged in, saw that it was Suzee.  :(

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Not Dixie Belles. Carolina Belle's.

And Tornado Allie (or was that Ali - the last time I saw her was May of '03.)

Thanks. 

Old age making me forgetful.

Anyway they were always entertaining and their postings encouraged my wife to make some period clothing for herself, before sh had her strokes. 

16 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Old age making me forgetful

I hear you. I don't do too bad at remembering something 10 or 12 years ago. It's remembering what happened last week, or yesterday - that's my problem.

6 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Tornado had moved to Chicago. I haven't heard or seen anything of her in years. I believe Fannie got divorced, not sure though:(:blush:

Fannie and Bullshead Bill divorced. Bill remarried and introduced his wife, Diablo Deb to shooting.

Fannie is engaged and hasn't shot since her divorce.

Tornado Ali remarried a liberal lawyer. To my knowledge she doesn't shoot anymore.

Catawba Kate doesn't shoot anymore either.

The Hugandkiss sisters shoot mounted.

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

I hear you. I don't do too bad at remembering something 10 or 12 years ago. It's remembering what happened last week, or yesterday - that's my problem.

Five minutes ago is my problem, “Now why did I come in here?”

The Hugnkiss gals could sure put on a show Pickn & Singing

Largo

21 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

:(

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Do you know how she is doing health-wise?

She’s frequently on Facebook. Seems to be just fine.

19 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Very much a tragedy.  I remember hearing about the incident on the radio that morning while shaving... then when I got to work and logged in, saw that it was Suzee.  :(

I remember this as well. What a shame.

I remember the Huginkiss Sisters though I don't recall details.

The Saloon is definitely not the Saloon of old, but then again, nothing is.

21 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

What happened?

Archived