SASS Wire Forum

Quality Science Fiction Movie

Subdeacon Joe

A science fiction classic par excellence!  Coming at the top of the hour on ME TV cable.  Yes, this movie will have you on the edge of your seats with tension!  What is this prodigy, you ask?  Why, nothing less than the blockbuster by MGM

I saw that one at the drive in theater in Moses Lake, Washington the summer that it was released. It was part of a triple play with two rat movies...

OH!!  I REMEMBER THAT ONE!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :D

I think that was half of another double feature in the ol' frat house... Beer, Popcorn, Rabbits and Killer Tomatoes!!   rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif

I’ve heard of it, but never saw it.  I’ll line it up with some others for Halloween.  My wife loves horror movies.

BTW, a piece of trivia: Houston lost its last drive-in theater in 2002.

We have a drive-in theater about ten miles east of me.

It's been there for a few years now.  Love it.

Was raised going to them, with my folks.

This one has several screens, and not just the one.

It's better to go after daylight saving time is over, and it is not so hot that the mosquitoes carry you off.

Sounds like a good movie to see at the drive-in. Is it as bad as "Plan 9 From Outer Space"???

18 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Is it as bad as "Plan 9 From Outer Space"???

I haven't seen it, but I find it hard to believe that anything could be as bad as PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Bigger than Harvey?

Much. And lots of 'em.

They are rabbits, after all...  :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Alpo said:

I haven't seen it, but I find it hard to believe that anything could be as bad as PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE.

It can’t hold a candle to Plan 9.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It can’t hold a candle to Plan 9.

I'm reading this comment as Lepus  can't hold a candle to Plan 9 for badness.

It lacks the campiness that gives Plan 9 a cult status.  You can watch Plan 9, revel in the camp while hooting about how bad it is.   Lepus is just plain bad, even DeForest Kelly with a cheesy mustache can't give it any redeeming value. 

2 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Starring Janet Leigh. Just so happened to see her in The Naked Spur just last night.....

And I saw her in Jet Pilot. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Jet Pilot wasn't SciFi. I thought we had changed from discussing SciFi to discussing Janet Leigh.

Ah!  I thought you had gone back to bad movies.   Sorry.   Black Shield is so bad that all that stands out in my mind is the bad fighter training and Tony Curtis saying "Yonder is the castle of my father. "

13 hours ago, Alpo said:

Jet Pilot wasn't SciFi. I thought we had changed from discussing SciFi to discussing Janet Leigh.

Yes, we have. :D

B71F56C7-2D11-4B77-8F78-EC047E9F2BE7.jpeg

1D7C517F-1EC1-4029-B37F-7433E072C28C.jpeg

15 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Ah!  I thought you had gone back to bad movies.   Sorry.   Black Shield is so bad that all that stands out in my mind is the bad fighter training and Tony Curtis saying "Yonder is the castle of my father. "

And Tony Curtis was married to Janet Leigh. All is one.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

The absolute WORST scifi movie was The day the earth stood still. 

Nooooooo Wayyyyyyy ... the original was great!! 

"Nixto Barata Clackto !!"

It would be nice to have Gort stop buy once and a while ... s8.gif.368c1f865b3726d645c3f4068119a008.gif

1 hour ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Nooooooo Wayyyyyyy ... the original was great!! 

"Nixto Barata Clackto !!"

It would be nice to have Gort stop buy once and a while ... s8.gif.368c1f865b3726d645c3f4068119a008.gif

I agree but it is "Klaatu barada nikto".

Thanks.  I had managed to forget about that 2008 abomination.  Amazing how with all the technology available to the entertainment industry they are unable to produce decent remakes of the classic SiFi movies.  Maybe it's because they rely too much on the technology to create gee..gollywog..supersplendifferous special effects to overwhelm the audience with their (lack of) creativity.  Sort of like the little kid who thinks gluing more and more pasta onto the bottle before applying the gold spray paint will make a more magnificent vase to give to mom on Mothers Day.

Archived