SASS Wire Forum

TOZ-63 shotgun, any good?

DeaconKC

A dealer on GB has some of these in 16 gauge at a reasonable price. Are these legal with extractors? And anyone here have experience with them?

I dont have any personal experience with that exact shotgun but I will say that most of us prefer a sxs that doesnt have that big lug between the barrels. It gets in the way when you're in a hurry to load. As mentioned extractors are perfectly legal. Also as long as the hammers are functioning hammers and not the faux safety hammers it's legal for classic cowboy. 

I am waiting to find out for sure from him that they are not ejectors. They are actually surplus from Russian Forestry service, so I can't see them having cosmetic hammers.

Not familiar with the TOZ 63.  The 66 is a solid little shotgun and can be competitive! I’ve owned three, one of which won me two state championships and several more Frontiersman 1st place wins. 

Parts can be difficult, but the two I still own have never needed anything.

Yup, I do have 16 gauge ammo, I am a sucker for 16s. Remington 11, Winchester 12 and a Fulton SxS getting a new buttstock right now. About time to get a Lee Loader I think...

TOZ firearms are usually pretty good. The factory Tula is a 300 year old  arms plant in Russia. They manufacture everything from 22LR to Ak-47's, hunting guns and rocket launchers . We see occasional models brought in from time to time here. They are sort of like an Ak-47 or t34 tank, you dont win many points for comfort or style, but they get the job done.

Archived