SASS Wire Forum

Moving from Romania to California to Lake of the Ozarks Missouri for Freedom

Ozark Shark

On 9/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

What’s obvious is people point out what’s wrong but that’s all they do. 

im not going there to fix it - thats up to those that call it home , , and that is the problem - no one is trying to fix it 

17 minutes ago, watab kid said:

im not going there to fix it - thats up to those that call it home , , and that is the problem - no one is trying to fix it 

It seems you don’t have to go anywhere to fix things. Your state is another bastion of leftist idiocy...Well, at least in the major cities. Just like California and New York and Illinois and Washington and Oregon and....so on. 

I was born in California and left there after 47 years. The State wasn't like anything I grew up in. I moved to Nevada in 97 to embrace and live in a conservative State with no income tax and very gun friendly. in 20 years it has become a liberal lead state. THey're talking income tax, gun restrictions, sanctuary cities, one of the worst COVID approaches in the country.  Why because Californians moved here to get away of all that. But they brought their politics with them.

Reading a study on what states are growing in population and which are loosing population, California lead the study and was loosing population by a small margin. But the study pointed out there is a large migration of middle and retirement income folks moving out. They are being replaced by illegals. The States tax base is slowly going down. The solution has been to raise taxes. Gas, property, and income tax. What they don't realize is the people who can adjust to those increases are leaving!

On 9/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, DeaconKC said:

OLG, we just bought a place down in AR. Maybe our paths will cross some time.

DeaconKC,

Look forward to meeting you in AR, MO, OK, or where ever we're shooting. 

FYI, My wife, Ozark Belle, is originally from Murphysboro.  And my family has roots in Jackson County as well.

Urbanization seems inevitably to bring ever more liberal politics along with it. Think of Denver, Dallas etc as good examples in once-conservative states. California used to reliably produce Republican politicians along with Democrats; yet it always had many big urban centers.

There are a lot of theories about it.

My state, Washington, has had liberal politics for a long time. It had for decades heavyweight Democrat senators. Yet it has had very good gun laws for a long time, too: shall issue for concealed pistol permits, no restrictions on numbers and types of gun purchases, no unusual transport and handling requirements, open carry; on and on.

But we used to also have a viable Republican party, with the occasional GOP gov (tho' not for 35 years), GOP legislature now and again, Republican attorney general. GOP senators. But they've been fading away, and any balance is being lost.

So now we have 'safe storage' state laws, and a special training requirement and 10-day wait for 'semi-automatic assault weapons', which are defined as all semi-autos, such as a Ruger 10/22 etc. These have come through the initiative process, funded by cyber-billionaires. These are to be more feared by far than the legislature. Lots of worries for the future.

3 hours ago, Ozark Shark said:

DeaconKC,

Look forward to meeting you in AR, MO, OK, or where ever we're shooting. 

FYI, My wife, Ozark Belle, is originally from Murphysboro.  And my family has roots in Jackson County as well.

We are going to Heber Springs and I will be hooking up with the folks at Outlaw Camp.

That is a great group of folks.  I expect you will enjoy living there.  Our daughter and family live just south in Conway, so I get to play at Outlaw Camp at times.

10 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

That is a great group of folks.  I expect you will enjoy living there.  Our daughter and family live just south in Conway, so I get to play at Outlaw Camp at times.

That's fantastic! Looking forward to meeting friends from the forum.

15 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Agreed

We lived in Missouri for years. Hated the allergies. Jobs started going away. More and more meth busts. Big ice storm took away the electricity for 13 days. Tornado that next summer took the electricity another 5 days. We finally packed up and moved to Texas.

59 minutes ago, Waymore Loco said:

We lived in Missouri for years. Hated the allergies. Jobs started going away. More and more meth busts. Big ice storm took away the electricity for 13 days. Tornado that next summer took the electricity another 5 days. We finally packed up and moved to Texas.

You forgot to list the 500 year floods of 93 and 94.  

2 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

You forgot to list the 500 year floods of 93 and 94.  

Yeah, what you said. Lol

On 9/13/2020 at 9:00 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It seems you don’t have to go anywhere to fix things. Your state is another bastion of leftist idiocy...Well, at least in the major cities. Just like California and New York and Illinois and Washington and Oregon and....so on. 

you got that correct , we are working hard here to fix it - have no time for a metro area in another state we have our own issues to deal with 

Archived