SASS Wire Forum

9/11

Raylan

A grudge I’ll hold forever!!

On that day, we came together as Americans. There was no black or white, no Democrats or Republicans......only Americans united by disaster and grief.

I have never forgotten nor will I ever forgive.

Today, the same flag that I raised that day....I sadly raise again.

:FlagAm:

I watch the old footage, but I have to turn away when the video includes a jumper.  It rips me up.

I will never forget.

My best friend lost his brother there. They had worked in the same office, but my friend started is own business on Long Island to be closer to his parents.  He missed dying in the Twin Towers by less than two months.

2 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I watch the old footage, but I have to turn away when the video includes a jumper.  It rips me up.

As horrible as this sounds, the jumpers had a more merciful fate than the ones who burned to death or rode those towers down.

Much is often made of the attack on Pearl Harbor and whether vets there forgive the Japanese or not. I can see forgiving the Japanese, for while they did the dirty on us for them it was just an act of war against a viable military target. But what the terrorists did on 9/11, killing thousands of innocent people from all over the world in the most inhumane way possible was nothing less than an act of pure evil. They do not deserve to ever be forgiven. Nobody who calls themselves a human being does that to others.

30 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

As horrible as this sounds, the jumpers had a more merciful fate than the ones who burned to death or rode those towers down.

Much is often made of the attack on Pearl Harbor and whether vets there forgive the Japanese or not. I can see forgiving the Japanese, for while they did the dirty on us for them it was just an act of war against a viable military target. But what the terrorists did on 9/11, killing thousands of innocent people from all over the world in the most inhumane way possible was nothing less than an act of pure evil. They do not deserve to ever be forgiven. Nobody who calls themselves a human being does that to others.

I’m too young to know first-hand about WWII, but to reduce Japan’s unprovoked attack on the U.S. as a simple “act of war against a viable military target, ” is ridiculous.  

I don’t resent the Japanese by no means.  Hirohito’s aggressive expansionism, that included prior wars with Japan and Russia and the direct control the Pacific, was not based on any moral imperative.  Of course,  I blame the leaders; not the people.

As I said, I’m too young to know first hand about WWII, but I saw that it took “never” for my Grandparents to forgive for the mental breakdown of one son and the death of another.  My father forgave, though.

1 hour ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I’m too young to know first-hand about WWII, but to reduce Japan’s unprovoked attack on the U.S. as a simple “act of war against a viable military target, ” is ridiculous.

I would be happy to debate this in another thread, but we are remembering 9/11 in this one so I don't want to cause a derailment. Suffice to say that any violent act that specifically targets unarmed, helpless people, be it a mass shooting, war crime or terrorist attack is the lowest of the low for any person or group. If you've got a bone to pick with somebody do it to those who actually caused you grief, not some young receptionist in a skyscraper or an airline passenger who did nothing to hurt you. Unfortunately the 9/11 hijackers as well as their bosses lacked the basic sense of humanity required to even consider such things.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I would be happy to debate this in another thread, but we are remembering 9/11 in this one so I don't want to cause a derailment. Suffice to say that any violent act that specifically targets unarmed, helpless people, be it a mass shooting, war crime or terrorist attack is the lowest of the low for any person or group. If you've got a bone to pick with somebody do it to those who actually caused you grief, not some young receptionist in a skyscraper or an airline passenger who did nothing to hurt you. Unfortunately the 9/11 hijackers as well as their bosses lacked the basic sense of humanity required to even consider such things.

You brought up the comparison; not me.  No need to debate it further.

But not to forget the other 9/11 2012

BENGHAZI 

Those American lives shall not be forgotten either .

9/11/2012

US Ambassador Chris Stevens

Sean Smith

Glen Doherty

Tyrone Woods

RIP

Never forget when this happened.

Never forget who caused it.

Never forget why they did it. If you don't know why, you can read why, in the writings of their beliefs.

Never forget the innocent men, women, and children, who died.

Never forget the families, and friends, of the men, women, and children, who died.

Never forget to be eternally vigilant, so it can never happen again on that scale.

Never stop hunting for those that participated in it, whether it be planning, or supplying goods and services, or harboring them, or supporting them in any way.

Never support, vote for, or allow, anyone to persuade you to give up any of your Constitutional rights.

Archived